Im in Arizona....

troutscott

Im in Arizona on a business trip and wanted to get a couple caches while I am here.

My gpsr will not lock onto the satellites.

At home in Wisconsin my Lowrance H2O C locks on pretty quickly.

Yesterday here in Chandler I walked around outside for over 1/2 hr. and it would only minimally pick up three satellites.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Troutscott

Some GPSr units, through the main menu, allow you to "regionalize" (new word, there) your unit.

Failing that, turn it on, set it down outside (clear sky view), then return to it an hour or longer later on.

Traveling a long distance without it 'knowing' that it did so sometimes requires a long time for satlock. (Driving) we usually activate it every couple of hundred miles just for that reason.

Some GPSr units, through the main menu, allow you to "regionalize" (new word, there) your unit.

Failing that, turn it on, set it down outside (clear sky view), then return to it an hour or longer later on.

Traveling a long distance without it 'knowing' that it did so sometimes requires a long time for satlock. (Driving) we usually activate it every couple of hundred miles just for that reason.

This is sometimes necessary on many older units after being off for a long time or moving a great distance while off.

It needs to rebuild its database of where the sats are and when/where they will appear overhead. Give it a clear view of the sky and just let it sit for 30 to 60 minutes.