Lock and Lock available at woot.com (March 14)

Dang! My last order is sitting at the Post Office and this comes along so soon?

Gotta get hiding caches... yup, yup, yup.

I just made a deal for a half dozen .50 cal ammo cans at $7 each. Now I need to make some hides so I can justify buying more containers.

Hmmmm.... I wonder where the nearest light post is. :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by Totem Clan

Those 50 cal ammo cans never go out of fashion, but are best for those remote mountain tops and places of extremes. For caches near home or close to the trail head (within 5 miles) a Lock & Lock is suitable. These are also lovely for hiding inside concrete blocks, sculpted for the occasion -- a cache of mine keeps going missing, so "Make it heavy" seems to be in order and a small lock & lock to hide under the block would be spifty keano.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered them to actually store FOOD in. What a concept, eh? :) Most of these looked a little large to use as cache containers.

I've found that the lock-n-lock clones at the dollar store stand up pretty well as caches.

Actually, I did, too. Convinced wifey we needed to replace the ones that are wearing out. And that I just MIGHT use one or two for a cache........

Thanks for the heads up - got mine with purple lids. Woot!

Purple? :blink: Where you going to hide Purple?

Dark purple looked less dramatic in the photo than the red, green, or blue. :P

And I still have a ton of L&Ls in my garage from the manufacturer's sale last fall. So I should be set for a few years.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered them to actually store FOOD in. What a concept, eh? :) Most of these looked a little large to use as cache containers.

I've found that the lock-n-lock clones at the dollar store stand up pretty well as caches.

til the tabs break off

In know that it's sacrilege, but I actually use my L&Ls for food. <hangs head in shame and slinks from the room.>

I work for QVc and get 30% off L&L's...... my lunch is always in one. I'm sitting her thinking "My baked ziti would not make a good FTF prize".

Don't you all know NEVER leave food in a geocache container. :laughing: