Delete DNF after finding it?

FolsomNatural

Log a new find, so the cache owner gets a new notification.

You can delete the DNF if you want to, it's your own log.

I'd keep it, as it's part of my caching history. I'm just as interested in my 100th DNF as I was in my 100th find - okay, not terribly interested in either, but they're both part of the game for me ;-)

Most cachers will self report a DNF rate of about 10%, just FYI.

The DNF is part of your caching history. As such you should* leave it stand -- unless of course, you are one of those people that try "change" history <kidding>.

But do remember that it is part of the cache history too, same reasoning -- changing history........

* There is nothing in stone saying that you must leave as is.

I tend to delete my DNF log(s) after finally finding the cache, and I write in my Found It log that I have searched before without finding it (sometimes including the date or how many times I have searched without finding the cache, but not always). The reason I delete my DNF log is so I can clear it from my DNF list and keep track of which caches I still need to revisit (I don't use the watch cache feature, so every once in a while I go through my DNF list to see if anything has changed since I logged my DNF).

The only times that I do leave my DNF log intact after I found the cache is when my DNF log resulted in the CO determining the cache was missing, and then the CO disabled and/or replaced the cache, or if my DNF log was part of a string of DNFs/NMs/NAs that resulted in Reviewer intervention and archival. If I deleted my DNF log, it wouldn't really make sense why the CO all of a sudden disabled the cache or performed maintenance, or that the cache was archived by a Reviewer.