I can't seem to set up a cache with a bonus

fsh1978

I have placed 11 caches put and a bonus cache to. The 11 I have place out have clues eg. A=5. But then I tried setting a bonus cache up. But publisher says I need to change it to a multi cache but I want people to be able to log each cache upti my bonus. Rather than waypoints. Can any body help please

Here's the Help Center Article on Puzzle/Mystery/Unknown caches, which includes a definition for bonus cache.

Does your cache fit the "bonus" type? A common problem is that the "free-standing" caches in the series, aren't really free-standing. They're either too close together, and need to be one multi-cache, or they "daisy-chain", each depending upon the next.

If your cache does seem to properly fit the bonus type, you could ask the the reviewer to clarify the issue for you.

I have not looked at your caches.

I have placed 11 caches put and a bonus cache to. The 11 I have place out have clues eg. A=5. But then I tried setting a bonus cache up. But publisher says I need to change it to a multi cache but I want people to be able to log each cache upti my bonus. Rather than waypoints. Can any body help please

If each of your 11 have a unique GC number and are listed as individual (traditional) caches then down these parts your number 12 would be listed as an unknown, as you want to do. We just recently put out exactly the same, 10 trads plus a bonus which you get the coordinates to from visiting the other 10 and collecting the numbers. Our bonus is an 'unknown'.

I have done one series where the 'bonus' was listed as a multi cache (Mad Max's King Arthur Man or Myth series - GCP6MX), and have seen people argue on here that a bonus should be a multi.

But the vast majority of series down here in Cornwallshire have their bonus cache listed as an unknown.

So what you are wanting to do is not unusual.

But what the publisher wants you to do is not unheard of either.

What is the usual way they are listed up where you live?

...and just to add, don't assume that because the reviewer wants the bonus to be listed as a multi he means each of the 11 individual caches can't be logged and must be listed as waypoints only.

If you look at the Arthur series I posted above, each of the other caches in the series was a traditional, which could be logged in it's own right (ok, apart from one which was a stand alone multi, just to confuse you) and it was just the type of listing of the bonus which was different. It didn't affect the rest of the series.

And I don't think it has anything to do with the proximity of one cache to another whether the series is a multi or not as I assume each of your 11 caches is at least 6 hundred and something feet from any of the others.

If they were 'daisy chained' (i.e. you had to find number 1 to get the coordinates for number 2 etc) then yes, each cache in the series would have to be a multi or an unknown, they couldn't be traditionals because you couldn't just head for number 5 and find it without first having found the ones leading up to it.

I've a feeling I am over complicating this now :rolleyes:

Edited by Lovejoy and Tinker

Bonus cache for a series of Traditionals should always be a Mystery, not a Multi. If a bonus cache was listed as a Multi that would be there was a Multi with no stage/question at the posted coords (because a Bonus Cache has bogus posted coords like a puzzle Mystery Cache).

Edited by Joshism

I just looked at your series and at this time everything seems to correctly fit within the definition for a bonus cache at the link that palmetto gave above. I see you made several changes to your bonus page since your reviewer looked at it, so I don't know exactly what he was commenting about, but it looks good now, IMO