Login Problems

Cloak_N_Dagger

Maybe someone can help me with a little problem I'm having with the "login" at this site.

I login using my name and password, but the little message in the upper left corner of the screen still says ....

"» You are not logged in. Login or register"

Well I'm obviously logged in, or I couldn't be making this post. Plus the little ONLINE NOW feature at the bottom of the screen lists me as being online. However, I don't have an icon in my post(s) to edit them. icon_confused.gif I know I only have 24 hours to edit, but I've tried it within minutes of making a post ... no edit icon to click on!

So if I spell something wrong or just need to correct something I can't do it.

I've tried logging out ... cleared my cookies ... and logging back in but I still have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you 'not' logged in when you enter the forums from the geocaching.com site?

I have that happen sometimes, all I do is click the logon in button and then changes to saying I'm logged in... I don't even have to ever user or password info. As for what causes this, not sure... icon_confused.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

This " New and Improved " forum is getting stranger by the minute. Now It's only showing 3 posts for me, in the forums. icon_confused.gif Well I guess this will make 4 ... have no idea what happened to the others.

Also, I don't see many of the topics in the General Forum that I had been reading prior to the New Forum. Were they deleted? For some strange reason the second topic on the list in the General Forum is dated:

July 12, 2002 01:02 PM icon_eek.gif

Anyway back to the original problem. It still won't login!!!! Waaaah!!!

Cloak_N_Daggar, Make sure that you have Also login to the forums.

Remember me (requires cookies) checked when you log into GEOCACHING. If you don't, when you go to Groundspeak it will show you as not logged in. When you do edited something you have to log out then log back in, don't ask me why, but that is what you have to do. Hope this will help you

I've Lost My Marbles

AE &LL,

Did all 'em

I've checked the "Also login to the forums" box

Checked the "Remember me (requires cookies)" box

and logged out, back in, back out, back in ..etc ... a zillion times! Well maybe a couple short of that. icon_wink.gif

As I said before ... "Online Now" Box at the bottom of the screen shows me as logged in ..... but it tells me at the top of the screen that I'm not logged in. It says " » You are not logged in. Login or register"

When I click on Login, it simply refreshes the page. When I click on REGISTER ... it says ... "Error

You have already registered. You do not need to register again."

And there is no icon to edit my posts. Which now stands at...ummmmh ........ Five. icon_rolleyes.gif

OK ... The ICON I'm referring to was the Edit Icon that I USED TO SEE on each post. It looked like a little tablet with a pencil. You clicked on it, and it let you edit your post.

That icon is no longer visible, and I have no way to edit a post.

It's not my Avatar that I'm having a problem with.

Well now we're getting somewhere. You see that is my point. I don't have, or see any icons to click on anymore!

AND it still tells me that I'm not logged on. Although we both know that I am because otherwise I couldn't be posting this message.

I think I'll go catch a couple of hours of zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz's and see what happens then.

Thanks anyway.

By the way, was that cache you were talking about earlier OK?

Both of them were fine. It only took me an hour and a half to go out and back. I will see you when I get back from Knox. Do me a favor, Keep an eye on the other caches for me. Thanks. American eagle and Lady Liberty Signing off.

I've Lost My Marbles

[This message was edited by American Eagle and Lady Liberty on March 28, 2003 at 03:08 AM.]

I had that same problem at first yesterday.

The problem was I was using Webwasher to filter out potentially bad javascripts and the javascript on the page that knows if you're logged in or not was being filtered. To fix it I disabled webwasher and then logged out. Deleted cookies and cache and then went back to geocaching.com and relogged into there and the forums and checked remember me. I made sure cookies were on and then I went to the forums and refreshed the page. It worked after that.

Ricky's Geocaching Page