Status of Wherigo?! Please help

FolsomNatural

Hi Folsom! Glad to see you showing an interest in Wherigos. They are my all time favorite cache type, bar none. The Wherigo community truly embraces all that is good about geocaching, and you will oft find yourself overwhelmed with assistance in the forums. I would like to add that, in my experience, the smart phone apps do a much better job processing the software than the Garmin devices. While I've seen the occasional GPSr crash running a Wherigo, I've yet to see an iPhoid, 'Droid or Blackberry do so.

Oh. Almost forgot. Rumor has it there is a third Garmin device which runs them: Nuvi 500. Supposedly.

Thanks for your help. Yes, for some reason this type of cache has piqued my interest,

And YES! The folks here are exceedingly helpful and knowledgeable, not to mention friendly.

Their (your) assistance has brought me back from the brink of abandoning the idea altogether.

I hope with my limited programming knowledge I can create some cartridges in my home town.

I use the builder that Garmin provides, though it took a huge leap for me, with no computer background, to figure out how to associate zones with inputs, so that something happens when a player reaches a zone. To me, it was like learning to think in a new language. And the demo included in the builder didn't help me. Once I made that connection, creating them is a breeze. Start simple, (start here, answer this, go there, answer that, repeat as needed), till you are comfortable.

The other builders, though I've heard naught but good from folks who use them, just perplexes me. :unsure::lol:

(There's a reason folks call me dumber than a bag of hammers) <_<