Bluetooth GPS receivers.

The CF card GPS I have used with my PDA has packed in - it worked well, used it with the PDA to find a few caches and several Wherigos.

Thinking of buying a bluetooth receiver to use with the PDA and also with my non-GPS enabled iPad.

There are several on eBay, but at least one of them says that it won't work with Apple devices.

Can I get one that will work with a HP iPaq and the iPad (not necessarily at the same time)?

Steve.

the only B/T gps unit that will work with the iPad/iPhone is quite an expensive one (around £70)

Not totally correct. Maybe with a "vanilla" iPad but if you "Jailbreak" it you can use ANY bluetooth GPS. I sometimes use a BT-338 with my iPad (or iPod touch) but these days I usually tether the built in GPS in my iPhone to my iPad via bluetooth.

the only B/T gps unit that will work with the iPad/iPhone is quite an expensive one (around £70)

Not totally correct. Maybe with a "vanilla" iPad but if you "Jailbreak" it you can use ANY bluetooth GPS. I sometimes use a BT-338 with my iPad (or iPod touch) but these days I usually tether the built in GPS in my iPhone to my iPad via bluetooth.

Only trouble is that not everybody wants to 'Jailbreak' their iPhone. I just find it annoying that Apple put so many restrictions on the iToys.

Only trouble is that not everybody wants to 'Jailbreak' their iPhone. I just find it annoying that Apple put so many restrictions on the iToys.

To me that's just another reason not to buy iAnything.

To me that's just another reason not to buy iAnything.

All fair enough comments. However once I buy a piece of equipment it belongs to me. In the case of the Apple kit I dislike their attitude that I can only do with it what they will allow me to, so I get round that by Jailbreaking. I have yet to find anything I can't do now that I could before I did the Jailbreaking and of course I can do so much more.

As I said, I dislike Apple's attitude to its users but I do like the functionality of their kit and much of the available software so this method gives me a good compromise. At the end of the day the choice is yours. :)