Logs removed?

PhantomODOpera

I logged a bunch of caches yesterday, they all showed on the map and my count reflected it properly. This morning the count was still right, and I just saw my count had dropped by quite a few, when I looked at the map I saw that quite a few no longer had smileys, looking further it seems they were all from the same CO, although not all from that CO were removed.

Any idea how this happens?

Can the CO remove them if so why?

Cache owners CAN delete an online log, particularly if you did not sign the log in the cache. Usually, if things are working correctly, you get a notice that your log was deleted.

It could be something completely different though! I'm just answering your question about whether a CO can delete a log.

Thanks for the replies. I was curious for any possible reasons before I did the re-log as I also saw my traveling companions for the day had a few gone also which had been there ( I read them online when logging mine). I dont know why I would have had empty logs, maybe I'm not using GSAK properly, but anyway I'll re-log them.

Thanks for the replies. I was curious for any possible reasons before I did the re-log as I also saw my traveling companions for the day had a few gone also which had been there ( I read them online when logging mine). I dont know why I would have had empty logs, maybe I'm not using GSAK properly, but anyway I'll re-log them.

You should get a notification email if a log is deleted. I would email the cache owner and ask why they were deleted?

Blank logs alone are not a reason to delete logs, but being a cache owner I know how annoying they are, you go to all the trouble to set the cache and someone can not even say thanks, so maybe the owner took umbridge, with a few rattling in all blank.

But the cache owner can delete found logs if he did not believe you found the log, did you sign the log book? Or if a few of you went together and signed it under a team name its worth including the team name in your log so the owner can link the markings in the book to the online logs, if they check.

Blank logs alone are not a reason to delete logs, but being a cache owner I know how annoying they are, you go to all the trouble to set the cache and someone can not even say thanks, so maybe the owner took umbridge, with a few rattling in all blank.

That would be up to the cache owner. According to the Listing Guidelines here:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=307#maint

section 2.1

----- Snip -----

2.1. Listing Guidelines that Apply to All Geocaches

2 Geocache Maintenance

Owner is responsible for geocache page upkeep. As the owner of your geocache listing, your responsibility includes quality control of all posts to the cache page. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off-topic or otherwise inappropriate.

---------------

"your responsibility includes quality control of all posts to the cache page"

A blank log is IMHO the lowest quality post possible aside from the obvious offensive, profane or TFTC log.

I will always delete a blank log IF the logger does not respond to my request(s) to update their log(s). Many have been nubees using phone apps and for the most part, the logger will update their logs. Fortunately I've only had to delete a few and it appears that most of those have been by cachers who have only cached a few times and haven't returned my emails.

I just wish I could get away with deleting singular TFTC logs and copy & paste logs.