Found first cache!!!!!

usmcski

Well my wife got me a rino 110 for my birthday and we figured we would try to figure out how to work it while looking for our first cache.

We wanted to try something local so we decided on one that was in a small cemetary in Statesville NC( Botrytisfree and Erwinia hod created this cache).

The GPS wasnt too hard to figure out and we did end up finding the cache....what a thrill!!!

The cemetary was a treasure in itself...it seemed that everyone burried there was a confederate soldier.

I have been living here for over a year and never would have realized how old the cemetary is if I never got into geocaching.

We plan to go out and find another one today!!!

Welcome to the geocaching "bug", I too am a "newbie" and fell in love with this sport right from my first cache found.

Plus I wouldn't have known about most of the places I have been (within a 35 mile radius of my home) if it wasn't for geocaching. Not to mention the exercise I have gotten, and if the temperature would get over the freezing mark and melt off this snow I would be out looking for more.

icon_cool.gif

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

I have been at it for two years now. I just passed my anniversary. I found 100 the first year and 200 the second. I'm not addicted to this game at all, na, I can stop playing anytime I want. I do need to get a place for this next hidden cache idea first... oh, and there was that cache I missed that I need to go back and find... and that other place that just looked like it needed a cache... and the idea for a night time only cache... oh, and that other park that I have wanted to go to so I could find the cache thats there... and then maybe I'll quit. Maybe. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by usmcski:

Well my wife got me a rino 110 for my birthday and we figured we would try to figure out how to work it while looking for our first cache.

That's great, but this is the wrong forum for this. This forum is to "Discuss new features (or feature requests), bugs, etc. specific to the Geocaching.com site."

The Getting Started forum is better suited for this. You can see a description for each forum underneath the forum name on the main forum page.

3608_2800.gif