Audio tour / GPS tour locations

I have been doing some research regarding audio and GPS tours for an upcoming trip.

How about a Waymarking category which lists any place which offers such an audio or GPS tour? Tours can be conducted using a proprietary device unique to a location such as special headphones rented out to visitors, or they can be conducted using downloaded MP3 files (some tours available on iTunes) or downloadable GPS touring apps. B)

I have been doing some research regarding audio and GPS tours for an upcoming trip.

How about a Waymarking category which lists any place which offers such an audio or GPS tour? Tours can be conducted using a proprietary device unique to a location such as special headphones rented out to visitors, or they can be conducted using downloaded MP3 files (some tours available on iTunes) or downloadable GPS touring apps. B)

Wow I can't believe we don't have that! It seems obvious now and so many places offer that. Good suggestion and I encourage you to pursue it.

According to that category's description - "convey some knowledge, either in the form of interpretive signs or brochures that accompany a numbered path." I don't think so. That category relies on paper handouts or physical signs - my proposal is paperless. Also, that category uses consecutively numbered stations - which correspond to numbered descriptions in the brochure. Mine would be GPS based.

I suppose this could be a sub-set of that category or that category could be changed to include this. I would not be opposed to that. :)

Thanks for bringing this idea back! I'm needing to cut back rather than expand my Waymarking commitments, so I can't pursue this. I hope the originator of the thread, or someone else, will pick up this idea and develop it. I suppose the Self-Guided Tour category could be expanded to include these, and that is certainly an option. They are, however, unique enough to warrant a separated category, as checkmark has suggested. We have them in Korea at some of the larger tourist attractions and museums. Sometimes there are other languages available - usually English, Japanese and Chinese. (A good variable for the category).