Newbi Satmap Help Please

Landyclarkes

Hi, I'm looking for some help please as completely new to this.

I've just bought a Satmap and Northern England maps card and want to go geocaching. It works really well as a walkers navigation device and I can set up and store routes absolutley fine.

I have upgraded the device to software verstion 1.5 i.e. current version.

I've joind the site here and paid for full memebership, downloaded two caches to my laptop (gpx files) and transferred them to Satmap via Satsync.

One is on the card and one on the internal memeory. SatSync shows them as being present on the Satmap but, when I go to the device, even after a restart, I can't find them.

I must be doing something wrong. I am assuming they come up as routes and I select them from the routes menu. Can't find anything in the full manual to help.

I so want to get out there but am struggling to know what to do next.

Please help!!!!

Edited by Landytim

The SatSYNC user guide has a small section (12) on geocaching, but it doesn’t mention how the sorting works. Anyway, from experience, the geocaches are sorted in ascending alphabetical order. I also think that each name is unique. If the name is too long, you can move the joystick to the right in the OOI Menu, while the cache is selected, to reveal the trailing characters.

If you want to quickly edit all the names so that the caches are sorted order in a specific order, you can try a GSAK macro as mentioned by the K9 Crew in this topic.