How do i adopt a Geocache

legoschrauber

Has the cache owner offered the cache up to you to be adopted? Adoptions can only be initiated by the cache owner. If he/she wants you to adopt the cache, they'll send you an adoption notice and once you follow the steps in that email, the cache will be adopted over to you.

If this is a cache that you want to adopt but the CO isn't putting it up for adoption, then you're out of luck.

hmm....it looks like I've found a cache near me that the owner hasn't kept up with, and has not himself even logged on since June 2011, hasn't found a cache since 2009. What if this guy isn't even, "around", any longer? Any idea how that situation gets handled?

If it's not being maintained, tag with a needs archiving log and wait for a reviewer to look at it, I guess. Once it's archived you can use the location.

hmm....it looks like I've found a cache near me that the owner hasn't kept up with, and has not himself even logged on since June 2011, hasn't found a cache since 2009. What if this guy isn't even, "around", any longer? Any idea how that situation gets handled?

If it's not being maintained, tag with a needs archiving log and wait for a reviewer to look at it, I guess. Once it's archived you can use the location.

But beware someone doesn't beat you to it. It might pay to contact the reviewer and tell them you're interested in keeping a cache at the spot first before the Needs Archiving log.