Slow Response

mrcpu

I've run into this a couple of times myself and I know a couple of people who have the same problem. I'm wondering if I'm alone:

When you email geocaching.com staff directly or indirectly (contact@goecaching.com for example) you usually:

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

[This message was edited by mrcpu on July 22, 2002 at 07:05 PM.]

I have had both a) and ;). I've sent emails that NEVER got a responce, EVER EVER EVER... and I've sent emails that don't get a reply so I email again and again until finally I get a responce, sometimes a couple of weeks later.

I completely understand that this is a part time thing for J. and E. so I'm not just going to complain, I'm also going to make a suggestion:

How about a call for volenteers? I'd like to see a hierarchical volenteer system where people can email their questions, problems or conserns to a local rep who can filter these out, answer back and forward questions upwards.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

There's no choice for "hear back in a day or less" which is my usual experience. Maybe it helps that I know what I want, I know how to ask for it without making anyone angry, and I go out of the way to provide all the needed information up front. I've sent three emails to the contact address in the past several months: one reporting a potentially exploitable bug in the website, one asking for a TB tag to be reassigned to a different owner, and one asking for the number from a missing TB's tag. All three were responded to promptly and correctly.

warm.gif