Is there a satnav that can take coords?

Be careful with TomTom as some models don't let you. I don't think any of the Start series do. Check out TomTom's web site and download the user manual and check there.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

You need to look out for Tomtoms that use the Easy menu. They did not take coordinates but a recent software update seems to have changed that now but as Chris says check first, before buying in case its only certain models.

I had trouble with the clutch on my jeep last week so phoned the RAC.

when they asked me where I was, I told them i was unsure exactly because i was inbetween unknown Juctions, but I coud give them my co-ordinates?

They told me that the RAC driver was unable to use co-ords! :unsure:

when he finaly arrived he was using a Tom Tom so I showed him how to use the co-ords on it, he was very surprised. :rolleyes:

when they asked me where I was, I told them i was unsure exactly because i was inbetween unknown Juctions, but I coud give them my co-ordinates?

when he finaly arrived he was using a Tom Tom so I showed him how to use the co-ords on it, he was very surprised. :rolleyes:

I was about to say that I find it rather odd that the RAC did not use coords because the AA have done so for years but then I read the last bit of your post and saw that it was just this particular RAC man.

I was about to say that I find it rather odd that the RAC did not use coords because the AA have done so for years but then I read the last bit of your post and saw that it was just this particular RAC man.

No actually, while talking to the RAC man (he had to give me a lift home with the jeep on the tow thingy) he said none of the drivers use co-ords to find people (which I too find very strange)

But .... maybe it was JUST THIS RAC MAN because he couldn't fix my jeep, yet when I asked our mechanic to come round the house the next day,(he looks after all our cars) all he did was put in some clutch/break fluid and bingo! The jeep was ok.

Shouldn't the RAC man have tried that?

Maybe it was down to the time of day? (it was 3am and I had just finished work)

I think I'm going back to the AA <_<

Did you know? If you use Google Maps and right click a location and select "What's here" it will give you coordinates. I find it useful when visiting customers and I'm not sure where they are. I find their office on Google Maps/Streetview then use the coords.

The coords show like this, 53.67068,-2.380372 and to input them to TomTom enter them as N53.67068 W2.380372

Chris

Graculus

Did you know? If you use Google Maps and right click a location and select "What's here" it will give you coordinates. I find it useful when visiting customers and I'm not sure where they are. I find their office on Google Maps/Streetview then use the coords.

The coords show like this, 53.67068,-2.380372 and to input them to TomTom enter them as N53.67068 W2.380372

Chris

Graculus

So am I the only one that just looked on google earth to see where Chris was taking us? Though I'm still none the wiser really.