City Navigator NT Loading Issues

I'm trying to load my City Navigator DVD on my laptop. I put the disk in and keep getting the error, "A connection to the server could not be established, please ensure you have a connection to the internet and try again". I have wifi, I have full bars, I'm also currently on the internet. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please oh please how did you resolve it?? I'm so frustrated!

I bought it at REI, I'm pretty sure it's legit. :) At first I thought it might be the disk, so I exchanged it for another one....still the same error. I've searched the web and haven't found anything. If all else fails I'll call Garmin on Monday or possibly trade it for the preloaded memory stick. I was hoping to resolve it this weekend.....Booooo :(

I bought it at REI, I'm pretty sure it's legit. :) At first I thought it might be the disk, so I exchanged it for another one....still the same error. I've searched the web and haven't found anything. If all else fails I'll call Garmin on Monday or possibly trade it for the preloaded memory stick. I was hoping to resolve it this weekend.....Booooo :(

Looks like Garmin's registration site is up and running. Have you tried turning off your firewall? Did you take your laptop with you to REI?