Where to log a fence

Sounds boring right? :)

Here in Australia we have the Dog fence - a single continuous dingo barrier which stretches for 5614km. Think Great wall of China but not nearly as impressive! For those interested see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fence

At one end there is a sign and rock with a plaque etc and there are also signs along the fence at major highway crossings.

Anyone have any suggestions where I could log this?

I can't seem to find a suitable category.

Thanks

Is there a challenge for it? If not you could create one, giving the coordinates of the sign/rock/plaque. With a challenge, you can log it as you don't own it, unlike a cache. It is quite the achievement, reading the article you linked to.

Have you checked to see if there are any caches near the fence - or have they been muggled by dingoes?

Is there a challenge for it? If not you could create one, giving the coordinates of the sign/rock/plaque. With a challenge, you can log it as you don't own it, unlike a cache. It is quite the achievement, reading the article you linked to.

Have you checked to see if there are any caches near the fence - or have they been muggled by dingoes?

Thanks for the suggestion. Because I'm not a cacher I'd prefer to waymark it in the traditional method.

As for caches they'll need to be placed south of the fence not to get muggled by the dingos. :)

Thanks

You could put in the Wikipedia category as that is where your link led. I think you could probably put it in the Superlatives category... its got to be the Worlds Longest Dog Fence.

Thanks

You could put in the Wikipedia category as that is where your link led. I think you could probably put it in the Superlatives category... its got to be the Worlds Longest Dog Fence.

Thanks Bruce. Both great ideas.

Can't believe I didn't consider Superlatives as I already have a waymark there..!

Cheers

Levi