STATISTICS

navychief98

I love numbers which means I love the statistics page on my profile. Currently, my profile states I have 33 finds. However, some of those listings are archived. How do I get the archived cache listings removed from my total number of hides?

If they were deleted you would be deleting other cachers finds. They would not be amused.

Mother Nature says: "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature" -- or cache history, for that matter.

Erase the caches, you erase all finds for those caches and all Travel Bug/geocoin actions regarding those caches.

You wouldn't really want to mess with the time-space continuum, would you?

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

If they were deleted you would be deleting other cachers finds.

I'm not sure he was asking if they could be deleted completely, but rather whether there is a way to exclude them from his stats. To this question, the answer is no. The only customization available for your stats page is which sections to display, and overriding milestones. You can use 3rd party software to generate some customized stats that you can put on your profile page, but there won't be anything you can do about the built-in Geocaching.com stats.

Thank you .. I do not want to delete anything ... I put out a short series but had to move it because of misinterpretation of te hide ... For some reason, I had to archive the original page and re-submit each of them ... I have 33 hides (thank you) but only 27 actual caches ... Oh well, it was a good idea ... Back to the hunt!!!

Thank you .. I do not want to delete anything ... I put out a short series but had to move it because of misinterpretation of te hide ... For some reason, I had to archive the original page and re-submit each of them ... I have 33 hides (thank you) but only 27 actual caches ... Oh well, it was a good idea ... Back to the hunt!!!

When hides receive a NM or NA log, they need to be dealt with on site. Reasonable moves are possible, and have, in my experience, been acceptable within ~200 feet or so. If you go bigger than that, reviewers are going to ask you to archive and resubmit.

This means that you still own and can edit the listing, but it is archived, not deleted. (See above examples of why a cache is archived, not deleted...)

You have, by calculation, 27 active hides. You have hidden 33 caches, total.