Magellan Communicator Downloaded, but....

MamaKatS

I just got a new laptop (since my desktop was dead). I downloaded the magellan communicator thingy to my laptop..restarted it...double checked to make sure the program was, in fact, downloaded...BUT whenver I try to download a geocache to my explorist,it tells me that the program is not found...and did I want to install it now? Even tho it's already installed. GRRR..... help??? Any ideas???? I'm computer stupid in regards to technical stuff.

It took a few attempts for me to get it done - then we tried logging out of Geocaching.com and back in again. Voila! Communicator found.

Heads up - a pop up window asking if you want to load a newer version is a PITA....just hit cancel. You can still download caches to your unit.

BTW, have you selected the Magellan unit you have in your profile as "My Primary GPS?" I do wish it would default automatically to Magellan, but always comes up with DeLorme first, so I have to select the appropriate tab.

Good Luck - there will be others much more savvy in the technical field along soon, I'm sure!