Phone booth(ish) cache?

I just had an idea. What if I were to use one of those "free voice mail inbox" services to record a message with the cache coordinates, and then place the voice mail number in a nano or similar in a phone booth, with instructions to call. Would this be allowed?

You should work with your reviewer, but in theory, yes. You'd have to list it as an Unknown / Mystery / Puzzle, but it can be done.

I did something in the same neighborhood (not exactly as you describe, but strong similarities)... I checked with the reviewer ahead of time, the reviewer wasn't sure, so he/she checked with other reviewers, and then came back to me with the go-ahead.

But definitely start by talking to your reviewer before setting anything up.

We have a cacher who did something similar to that in our area. It was fun. I felt like a spy. His was a multi so we had to go around and collect clues.

If you are talking about a real phonebooth, well they are slowly disappearing as more people get wireless/smartphones.

dressing room for superman and a time machine for Bill&Ted

And Dr. Who!!!

My daughter is into him. I totally forgot thanks

My uncle tuned me onto the Doctor some 30 years ago, back in the days when they spent maybe $30 per episode on special effects.

Edited by CanadianRockies

I just had an idea. What if I were to use one of those "free voice mail inbox" services to record a message with the cache coordinates, and then place the voice mail number in a nano or similar in a phone booth, with instructions to call. Would this be allowed?

I seen a video similar to that. If I recall correctly they'd placed a card (or something) there that said to call _________. When the number was called it gave the cords to the next.

I seen a video similar to that. If I recall correctly they'd placed a card (or something) there that said to call _________. When the number was called it gave the cords to the next.