The Lone Star Trail - Texas Power Trail Started...

I have this dream... there's a power trail, where all the local ones are connected, and you can cache from one coast to the other.

Hmmm sounds like a group operation.

Considering the TOW series in Ventura County, some of those stretches around Mojave, then the ET highway .. I think it could be done. Scary thought, innit?

Last night I got the first 226 cache in The Lone Star Trail published.. I hope to see some of you around doing it ..

Visit W0001 - Lone Star Trail

http://coord.info/GC3DDAK

http://www.thelonestartrail.com

Enjoy,

Matt from MattChris

All LPC's, or just that one? :anibad:

Not sure what "LPC's" is?

Last night I got the first 226 cache in The Lone Star Trail published..

Is there a target number of caches you are looking to have on this power trail?

No there is no target, but I hope with some help it can grow to well over 5000, including both a East/West route and a future North/South route..

[snip]

No there is no target, but I hope with some help it can grow to well over 5000, including both a East/West route and a future North/South route..

"Darnedest thing I've ever seen. These people came in, rented a new car for three days, returned it with only 700 miles on it, but the gas pedal, brake pedal, brake pads, brake rotors, brake lights, door hinges, door handles, turn signals, floor mats and seats are all worn out."

Does everything have to be bigger in Texas? :laughing:

Well if everything is bigger in TEXAS they have a long way to go to best the ET Trail currently they are at 225, but looks like a great start keepin my eye on this one.

Scubasonic

Reason I made my comment, I noticed it was 'W' as in West and allowed 4-digits. I'mma reckon they's got some ambition. Texas-size ambition.

Does everything have to be bigger in Texas? :laughing:

Well if everything is bigger in TEXAS they have a long way to go to best the ET Trail currently they are at 225, but looks like a great start keepin my eye on this one.

Scubasonic

Reason I made my comment, I noticed it was 'W' as in West and allowed 4-digits. I'mma reckon they's got some ambition. Texas-size ambition.

I can only Hope..... just got back from the Pole Dancing Series and beyond in Yuma A. had a blast was just trying to figure out where to go on my next PT trip, me thinks it will be the Lone Star State.....or is that The Lone Star Trail.............. can't wait.

Scubasonic

Edited by Scubasonic

Whoa. That's a big number. I think this thread can stay here in the big leagues like the discussions of the ET Trail.

Whoa. That's a big number. I think this thread can stay here in the big leagues like the discussions of the ET Trail.

Might as well, it's just as shameful.

"Darnedest thing I've ever seen. These people came in, rented a new car for three days, returned it with only 700 miles on it, but the gas pedal, brake pedal, brake pads, brake rotors, brake lights, door hinges, door handles, turn signals, floor mats and seats are all worn out."

:laughing: I can just imagine the talk once the car is returned

Pfft, only 700 miles? My son and I put that many miles on our car driving just to visit a potential college last month. My commute from my hometown to college was 500 miles one way without hitting a border. Texas is a really big state. :P

Pfft, only 700 miles? My son and I put that many miles on our car driving just to visit a potential college last month. My commute from my hometown to college was 500 miles one way without hitting a border. Texas is a really big state. :P

Wooosh!!

Went right over your head. :lol: Think about what happens along a power trail. :P

Shush!! Its a Good Thing that a powertrail cacher doesn't know what those are!!
Is there really any meaningful difference between hundreds of fungible LPC hides and hundreds of fungible UPS hides?

The difference with LPC along a power trail is the paint, skirt and pole will all suffer considerable damage as hundreds of geocahers seek out the cache. One of the greatest reasons I dislike them is the paint, even when caches are hidden nearby a Lamp Post, suffer. It's property damage.

Shush!! Its a Good Thing that a powertrail cacher doesn't know what those are!!
Is there really any meaningful difference between hundreds of fungible LPC hides and hundreds of fungible UPS hides?

The difference with LPC along a power trail is the paint, skirt and pole will all suffer considerable damage as hundreds of geocahers seek out the cache. One of the greatest reasons I dislike them is the paint, even when caches are hidden nearby a Lamp Post, suffer. It's property damage.

I was just kidding around in the 3rd post when I noted the very first one is an LPC, in what (looks like) an Auto Parts store parking lot. This is going to be one seriously high-traffic LPC!! The cache owner should really ensure he has permission for that one. Even though we know everyone always checks the box every time saying they have permission for LPC's anyways. :lol:

I had a post erased from this thread, I think I may have set the one day record. :huh: