GSAK filter

Just noticed a topic on GSAK as been moved here, so I gather I am posting in the correct area,

recently downloaded GSAK, and my initial intention was to view a list of caches that have not been logged for a year (30 miles from my home), no matter how I set the filters I do not get the results, eg Imay get results showing I have not logged for a year,but I want no logs from anyone for a year, help please!, also I can request a list of trditional caches within say 20 miles from home, and the list generates to say 12,yet there should still be more caches listed, thanks in anticipation.

1) You can click on the "Last Found" column header to sort all caches by the last date found, based on the logs in your database. May have to click twice to get the order correct.

2)Click on the Filter icon at the top of the screen, then click the "Dates" tab, the first selection should be "Last Found Date", select "On or Before" then the appropriate date. That should filter your database to only those caches that have not been found since the selected date.

HTH!

1) You can click on the "Last Found" column header to sort all caches by the last date found, based on the logs in your database. May have to click twice to get the order correct.

2)Click on the Filter icon at the top of the screen, then click the "Dates" tab, the first selection should be "Last Found Date", select "On or Before" then the appropriate date. That should filter your database to only those caches that have not been found since the selected date.

HTH!

If you don't have that column in your default settings, you'll have to click on Options>Display and then click the "last found" item in the list. It should then appear in your information display columns.

HTH!

Hi, Done what you suggested and yes I get results for my finds, but I was hoping to see caches that have not been found by anyone, say in the last 12 months, does GSAK generate this?, and could you explain to a slow learner how its done? thanks again.

[...] but I was hoping to see caches that have not been found by anyone, say in the last 12 months, does GSAK generate this?, and could you explain to a slow learner how its done? thanks again.

Open the filter window (Ctrl-F). Klick on the "Where" tab. Insert the following code:

not(LastFoundDate > Date("now","localtime",'-365 days'))

Hit "Go"

The result will be a subset of all caches with no found logs within the last year. This method has a prerequisite: You must have all last year's logs in your database.

HTH

Hans

The easiest way to see caches that haven't been found is to run a PQ. I run one every day to show caches within a 100 mile radius that haven't been found. The PQ pulls up all types of caches (events included) that have no logs to indicate a "found it" log has been posted. There are quite a few that pop up that have never been found for over a year.