Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpsbilly

How do I remove all my geocaches?

I want to remove all my geocaches, not just archive them. Is there a way to do that? Thanks...

Bill

Nope. If you basically want them off your account...you can adopt them out to someone as long as they have not been archived yet...but once archived they are a permanent part of your history.

Keep in mind...if others found them...they are a part of their history as well and you don't want to go about changing the history of others...do you?

I want to remove all my geocaches, not just archive them. Is there a way to do that? Thanks...

Bill

Well, no....

You can (and should) remove the physical cache, once it is archived. You can do that procedure by your lonesome. Towards the upper right of the cache page, in the 'Navigation' box is a link that says: Archive listing. That will get you going. A Cache Owner can archive his own cache any time he so desires.

Reason behind archiving instead of simply deleting is that to delete something as a cache alters the history of all those cachers that had something to do with your cache, i.e. logs, travel bugs, visits, etc.

Delete it out of existence and you delete all of those history(s) also.

There are two routes:

1) physically remove the caches, and archive the listings. Those listings will still be on the website, and viewable by those who have the GC Code - which will mostly be the finders. They will be on your gpsbilly profile under the owned geocaches tab.

That's as "removed" as they can be.

2) leave them in place, and find someone who is willing to adopt them. This works for the currently active listings, your one archived cache will not process through the adoption utility.

The active caches, once adopted, will completely disappear from your profile, and simply be attached to the adopters profile.

I think you can reactivate jushua and then put them all up for adoption alot of cachers would like to avoid have to find who to ask permission of to place a cache you have allready done the leg work

I think you can reactivate jushua and then put them all up for adoption alot of cachers would like to avoid have to find who to ask permission of to place a cache you have allready done the leg work

The cache owner was invited to contact the reviewer regarding "un-archiving" the cache.

It doesn't sound like the cache owner wants to do that, if he's asking about how to remove ALL of his placed caches.

On the other hand...no action has been taken on any of the caches, so perhaps the OP has changed his mind about removing or adopting the caches.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol