Taxidermied animals

No, I don't think there's a category for that.

I see more than just one problem:

1. They are usually indoors; I am not aware of any outdoor items. Not ideal for a GPS based game.

2. They are easy to move. Even when this does not happen for many decades, they do not have a fixed location as other categories.

There are some interesting things to photograph that just do not fit into Waymarking. I often think we should have a site for those things, something in between Flickr and Waymarking.

I agree with fi67.

My main objection to this would be that they tend to be indoors, and Waymarking is generally an outdoor game. Over-prevalence could also be an issue - there are areas where every museum and cabin and restaurant has a stuffed moose or some such.

On the other hand I've long wanted somewhere to submit Dog Jim, the stuffed dog on Slough station.

Edited by Team Sieni

On the other hand I've long wanted somewhere to submit Dog Jim, the stuffed dog on Slough station.

You could submit Dog Jim along his plaque to the Animal Memorial category

I'll give it a go. The only problem is that it means making a special trip to Slough (shudder) John Betjeman was right when he wrote "Come, friendly bombs and fall on Slough! It isn't fit for humans now".

Edited by Team Sieni

I'll give it a go. The only problem is that it means making a special trip to Slough (shudder) John Betjeman was right when he wrote "Come, friendly bombs and fall on Slough! It isn't fit for humans now".

Is that why there isn't a single waymark in Slough :smile: I had a couple places on my list to stop by but when I drove by Slough it wasn't light yet so I kept on going.