Project Waypoint

The Frosties!

We only have a handful of caches out ourselves, finding "the right place" for one being one of our reasons for so few...

One of the things we enjoy about caching is the places it's taken us to, and, locally, there's somewhere I'd like to share with others

It's an old building frontage preserved inside a "new" bank. As it's very much private property (with public access), and belonging to a bank, I don't want to hide anything nearby, so I was thinking I could set a simple puzzle which relied upon actually visiting the site, either "how many...=A" type thing or, have a waypoint marked nearby with an instruction to visit the facade, then "project a waypoint x feet at a bearing of A" which is my preferred way...only how do I do it using my etrex 30? We've only ever followed it to a point, never the other way round.

We only have a handful of caches out ourselves, finding "the right place" for one being one of our reasons for so few...

One of the things we enjoy about caching is the places it's taken us to, and, locally, there's somewhere I'd like to share with others

It's an old building frontage preserved inside a "new" bank. As it's very much private property (with public access), and belonging to a bank, I don't want to hide anything nearby, so I was thinking I could set a simple puzzle which relied upon actually visiting the site, either "how many...=A" type thing or, have a waypoint marked nearby with an instruction to visit the facade, then "project a waypoint x feet at a bearing of A" which is my preferred way...only how do I do it using my etrex 30? We've only ever followed it to a point, never the other way round.

...mmm, read the manual?

You know, as in 'If all else fails...' :D

grrrr.....I hate RTFM :grin:

...and it doesn't really answer my question, "sight n go" is, I think, close to what I want to do...but I won't be able to see the final location :)

I suppose I mark as a waypoint the final location then goto start location and navigate to the new waypoint, which should give me the distance and bearing?

Edited by The Frosties!