corrected web coordinates on android app

simi00

hello, today I bought android app from Groundspeak. this app looks fine, but i got question/problem. is there possibility to get/see corrected coordinates (finals), which I've change through gc.com on android app? I hope you understand what I want :)

The API does not yet include the user's corrected coordinates, but that functionality is coming.

When?

Why don't you support the corrected coordinates when downloading an individually created PQ?

[offtopic ON]

This goes for archived listings too.

[offtopic OFF]

Just adding the request here.

This is a major problem for all live api apps and basically makes the live api unusable for mysteries.

Also the problem is that this error is unpropagated. So everybody using an app/software utilizing the live API will stumble upon the problem when first trying to navigate to a recently solved mystery and finding himself far from GZ.

May be it would be best to spare Mysteries out by default from all live api requests as long as the error persists. No data maybe better than wrong data (without knowing it is wrong).

I think it's even worse. It's not just a problem with live maps but also with PQs downloaded to my Garmin device.

I solved a fair deal of mysteries around my home coordinates and used the corrected coordinates feature on gc.com. What happens is that when putting a PQ on my Garmin device there is simply no way for me to determine which mysteries I've solved and which I haven't yet solved. That is, I simply don't know which mysteries are still on fake coordinates and which point to GZ.

The only solution I found is to exclude mysteries from all my PQs and manually create a gpx-waypoint for each mystery I solve. This really sucks big time but unfortunately is the only solution I found so far...

Edited by binzi

Hi From France

Using also the Official Geocaching android app (v2.3.1) it is unbelievable that we CANNOT get on the application :

- the "Correted coordinates"

- the "Personnal cache note"

I think it is possible on IPhone and C:Geo FREE android application

I bought the android application and ... nothing new !

It is very important that this evolution appears soon !

Thank You

Jipe78

I don't have an answer for you as to when the API will provide the corrected coordinates; it turns out that there are some complications involved that need to be worked out.

However, corrected coordinates are included in both the individual GPX downloads of caches and PQs.

any updates? Would love to continue to use the app, but it makes looking for MYSTERY caches basically a hassle when using the phone.

Please update. It has been two months since you last posted on this.

I spent money on the app and would hate to have to spend more money on ANOTHER app to do this. Can you say refund?

I don't have an answer for you as to when the API will provide the corrected coordinates; it turns out that there are some complications involved that need to be worked out.

However, corrected coordinates are included in both the individual GPX downloads of caches and PQs.

any updates? Would love to continue to use the app, but it makes looking for MYSTERY caches basically a hassle when using the phone.

Please update. It has been two months since you last posted on this.

I spent money on the app and would hate to have to spend more money on ANOTHER app to do this. Can you say refund?

Yes, at least some kind of time frame would be helpful as I want to know if it makes sense to find and delete all my corrected coordinates on the website.

The API does not yet include the user's corrected coordinates, but that functionality is coming.

Since this is not a bug report, I am moving it to the feature discussion forum.

No, API V6 supports it but it's buggy. Corrected coordinates are under UserWaypoints, but you'll get all unique changes of corrected coordinates user did without any change to get information which change was latest.

No, API V6 supports it but it's buggy. Corrected coordinates are under UserWaypoints, but you'll get all unique changes of corrected coordinates user did without any change to get information which change was latest.

Where can I find those "UserWaypoints" in the app. I cannot find any corrected coordinates.