Favorite Geocaching Quotes

I can't tell you how many times I've said it when passing a park or cemetery we haven't cached in..."I'll bet there's a cache in there." I've also been known to say, "That's a great place for a cache" on several occasions. Geocaching has caused us to look at places in a whole new way.

"Find or find not. There is no try"

Bonus points for the Star Wars reference!

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot."

– briansnat

(From the Geocache Listing Requirements / Guidelines)

This seems to be quite popular, several mentions on a single page alone. Geocaching.com is proud of the millions & millions of caches hidden around the world that are listed on their site, but think of how many millions less there'd be without some of the "less interesting" locations. I look at it this way...some people enjoy the hunt regardless of the end result. I understand that one of the major goals of Geocaching is to bring people to interesting locations. We've gotten more than enough satisfaction out of the locations we thought were interesting, and that makes up for the not so interesting ones along the way. Besides, it is possible to turn the less than desirable locations into a great Geocaching experience. We've found plenty in places that were just there for the cache, but the thought that went into the hide & the cleverness of the container made it well worth the time. There are ways to ensure you're brought to "better" locations...easy difficulty & terrain ratings can be a possible sign; descriptions often tell you if it's an interesting destination or not; look at the satellite maps, if it's not in a place you find appealing, don't go. If you don't like the caches "along the way," that's fine, just remember, we all enjoy this game differently.

If it's been said once, it's been said a thousand times...and is still true.

MARK.

THE.

FREAKING.

CAR!!!!

Track logs help too.

Ha, Ha. That's a quote I've said many times to myself. On more than one occasion I've found myself wandering and wondering how to get back to the car, and here I am with a GPSr in my hand! How sad is that?

Most often heard -

Ok No doubt, THAT is the way we should have got up here!

Lets DON'T go back THAT way!

Surely no one would put it there!

Is it gone or am I terrible at this!

Well! I would have never looked there!

I am NOT putting my hand in there!

Oh! It is NOT on the ground!

Found it! Did you MARK the Car?

I am NOT calling 911 with a GPS in my Hand!

I'm bringing all my friends here!

If it weren't for GeoCaching we would NEVER have found this wonderful place!

Most dreaded - 'This is my first cache so don't expect much'

Edited by GPS-Hermit

Well, I have a few:

"If I leave here tomorrow · Would you still remember me · For I must be travelin' on now · There's too many places I got to see". The opening lyrics of "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a good GPS". My personal geocaching slogan.

"I used to have a life. Now I'm a geocacher".

"I am so glad I geocache". Something I said a few days after finding my great-grandfather's grave while out geocaching.

Edited by geoguy14

"Insanity is defined as repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result.... I couldn't tell you how many times I walked in the same circle or looked under that same log!" - me!

The damnest thing is how often I start feeling stupid for doing that just before I find the cache because I'm doing that. "Found it in the first place I looked, but the fourth time I looked there."

"Insanity is defined as repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result.... I couldn't tell you how many times I walked in the same circle or looked under that same log!" - me!

The damnest thing is how often I start feeling stupid for doing that just before I find the cache because I'm doing that. "Found it in the first place I looked, but the fourth time I looked there."

I THINK THIS ALL THE TIME!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Forgot a couple:

"And you told me not to drive. But I made it home alive. So you said that only proves that i'm insane." From "You May Be Right" by Billy Joel.

"When in doubt, climb a tree." Personal caching motto.

LOVE THE TREE ONE!!!

That's what I said!

Believe it or not, I came up with that at the town pretzel festival. I may have spent more time climbing trees than walking around (just kidding).