Favorite Geocaching Quotes

"Geocaching: Leaving useless time capsules behind for future civilizations to find." :P

This has always made me laugh, because I think about people in the future accidentally digging up a Geocache and thinking they hit some treasure when it fact it is a container with odd random trinkets and paper with pointless names and dates.

"Apparently the worshipped some diety or a great deal of them were named "TNLN TFTC""

((Reading over log book)) "What's a Snoogans?"

Nah! Not possible. Folks in the future will still remember me if my dastardly plans are realized. :anibad:

I looked all over for an ammo can in the woods, just to find a 2in ammo can in a tree. very frustrating, but fun

I did that too. I was headed to the airport in Albuquerque, N.M., and it took up most of my caching time. I had a dozen caches planned and only got 2. It was worth it though. The coords were within 3 feet of the cache and it took me 40 minutes to find it.

I looked all over for an ammo can in the woods, just to find a 2in ammo can in a tree. very frustrating, but fun

I did that too. I was headed to the airport in Albuquerque, N.M., and it took up most of my caching time. I had a dozen caches planned and only got 2. It was worth it though. The coords were within 3 feet of the cache and it took me 40 minutes to find it.

I had one of those going for a while and the logs were pure pleasure to read, further eroding my chances of the pearly gates...

Alas, one went walkies and another had parts which rusted (hinge, latch) and it kept falling apart. Finally had to give up and replace with something more durable and considerably less funny.

Edited by DragonsWest

My boss to me upon hearing my explanation of geocaching....

"So wait...lemme get this straight...you go wandering around in the woods and poison oak looking for plastic army men that someone has intentionally hidden from you, and this is 'fun' to you?" punctuated by a raised eyebrow and a look that clearly said "oh dear god, I've hired a lunatic"

"So wait...lemme get this straight...you go wandering around in the woods and poison oak looking for plastic army men that someone has intentionally hidden from you, and this is 'fun' to you?" punctuated by a raised eyebrow and a look that clearly said "oh dear god, I've hired a lunatic"

Ha ha....

I have similar sentiments about people who follow certain sports teams ... lunatics. But to each his own.

Next time you talk with your boss, you might question what your boss does for fun and reply, in your best withering "oh, that's fun? I never would have guessed."

Might offer to take your boss on an outing to locate a few decent caches you know about. Let the hook set and then reel him in. :anibad:

This was said by my 10 yr old grand daughter when we were going for a FTF. We had been dropped off just over half mile from the cache because she loves to walk and it was a nice day and there were other caches in the area. We were just over halfway there (she stops and smells the flowers/looks at bugs/etc.. along the way LOL!) when we were passed by a vehicle that stopped at the end of the road where just before the vehicle passed us I had told Aryanna where the cache should be (according to distance). When she saw the truck stop and a man get out and start looking around she became alarmed and blurted out,

"Run grandpa run! Maybe we can find it before him!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Needless to say my running days are way behind me and all we could do was helplessly watch him find the cache and sign the log while we finished the walk. I did however have a nice conversation with a fellow geocacher. :)

"Energy bars and drinks are all a complete fraud - people are so weak after consuming they haven't the strength to carry the bar wrappers or drink containers back to trash/recycling."

I say this one often, usually while picking up energy bar wrappers or energy drink containers along the trail.

*police office catches me peeing during a round of night caching

Police: what are you doing out here?

Me: geocaching

Police: whats geocaching?

Me: The gps game where people hide stuff and you go find it

Police: Does it also involve you running around marking your territory everywhere?!

Me: no sir.... i just really had to go laugh.gif

If you would like to see my reenactment of the quote above then watch my geocaching youtube video below ITS A HOOT!

If you like what you see SUBSCRIBE!

GEOvloger

Old geocachers never die, they just get DNFed.

Old geocachers never die, they just get moldy.

Old geocachers never die, they just run out of swag.

Old geocachers never die, they just run out of trail.

Old geocachers never die, they just seek more devine caches.

Old geocachers never die, they just get archived.

Old geocachers never die, they just trade up AngelSmilie.gif

Old geocachers never die, they just trade down a16.gif

Edited by Roman!

I have a similar geocache listing. The cache container is a .177 caliber pellet gun ammo can. I recently made it PMO because of all the negative comments from basic member noobs and them leaving the container in the open.

My favotite geocaching quote?

"When you go to hide a geocache, think of the reason you are bringing people to that spot. If the only reason is for the geocache, then find a better spot." – briansnat

Geocaching is a religion. We look for guidance from an unseen force in the sky. We get on our knees to search for the truth, usually throwing in a prayer 'please be here'. We journal about our experiences. We gather to offer thanks to those who have sacrificed for us. There are books offering truth about it (at least for dummies). We try to convince others to join. And talking about it can really annoy our non believing friends. --Unkle Fester, forums.Groundspeak.com May 15 2008

Geocaching is a religion. We look for guidance from an unseen force in the sky. We get on our knees to search for the truth, usually throwing in a prayer 'please be here'. We journal about our experiences. We gather to offer thanks to those who have sacrificed for us. There are books offering truth about it (at least for dummies). We try to convince others to join. And talking about it can really annoy our non believing friends. --Unkle Fester, forums.Groundspeak.com May 15 2008

He actually posted that on May 24, 2009.

link

I found a T-shirt at a second hand store. I thought it would be a great geocaching T-Shirt. I bought it but I cannot wear it because it is too small. Ma is pleased that it does not fit me.

Above it says: LOOKING FOR TREASURE

There is a treasure chest in the middle of the T-shirt.

Below it says: SHOW ME YOUR CHEST.

Edited by Ma & Pa

I found a T-shirt at a second hand store. I thought it would be a great geocaching T-Shirt. I bought it but I cannot wear it because it is too small. Ma is pleased that it does not fit me.

Above it says: LOOKING FOR TREASURE

There is a treasure chest in the middle of the T-shirt.

Below it says: SHOW ME YOUR CHEST.

Dont dare me to wear that. You can see me wearing something like that at the block party. :ph34r: