Cookie Problems?

hutchca

The recent changes to the cookies seem to have caused other problems. (For me anyway)

I stay logged in to gc.com with no problem but I don't stay logged in to the forums.

So I have to log into the forum, which forces me to re-log in to gc.com which de-activates the cookies on my other browsers (home&mobile).

So in effect I'm right back where I started. I have to log in every time.

Details...

I logged in this morning, checked my cache page and my TBs, looked at the fourms, closed my browser and went back to work.

Later this afternoon, on the same PC with the same browser I was still logged in to www.geocaching.com but I wasn't logged in to ubbx.Groundspeak.com. So I had to re-log in again.

3 days ago Jeremy posted this in the Geocaching Announcements section:

quote:
Recently (since the new server upgrade) some folks have had user login issues. I did some major changes today which should resolve the majority of these issues.

In addition, for a short time if you had two computers (or even two browsers) using the same account, you couldn't have the site "remember me" if you logged from one machine to another. We have changed this so multiple browsers or locations can log into the same account and remember you. However, after 30 days the cookies will expire, and if you click "Log out" in your browser it will make all the cookies inactive.

It doesn't seem to be working, however. I have to log in as if the cookie expires at the end of the current session (when I close my browser, the cookie expires).

I use both my home computer (dial-up) and work computer (T1) to access the Internet. Both computers are capable of saving cookies. Why won't they both stay logged in?

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif