How far has the farthest trackable travelled?

bptattooist

I am very interested in following trackables. My specific interest is in knowing how many places a trackable has been and for how long a given trackable has been on it's journey. Another curiosity I have regarding trackables is why do so many people carry the trackable around with them for months or even years just to dip them into different caches to build up the miles. If they are doing this to prevent the trackables from going missing, this certaily is a sorry world we live in. That really isn't the trackable on a true journey but in reality it is the same human on a journey with a coin in his/her posession. Seems to defeat the purpose if you ask me. I'm looking for the trackables that have gone from cache to cache 100's even 1000's of times always changing hands along the way. All info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your comment...BPTATTOOIST Land O Lakes FL

I try to only drop trackables in newer caches, or frequently visited caches. I hate seeing one sit in a cache for months at a time, so I try to drop it in one where it should be picked up quickly. Since I have it in my backpack, I'll "dip" it at each geocache I go to. You may also see people just "dipping" trackables at caches, because they're using it to log their personal process. I have a bug on my keychain, and I use it to see all the places I've been. It's nice to see the map of my travels.

My TB Wannabe Bird has been wandering the world for seven years, now. He has travelled 46777 miles so far! Not a record, to be sure. But he's still having fun!

Harry,

Thanks for sharing your little bird with me, that's an awesome amount of travel he has done. I hope one day that at least some of my TB can make it that far. All the best...Bill Land O Lakes FL