March Photo Competition - "Did Not Find"

Many thanks go to the Frosties for organising the February Competition. So many good pictures of the "travellers".

Being new to Geochaching and the photo competition I hope my topic is a new one. Can we all remember the time we had our first "Did Not Find". I can remember mine and the emotions that went with it. So for this month's competition please submit a picture based on "Did not find".

Looking forward to seeing your imaginative photo's - Please submit by 30th March 2012 - Good Luck - Have Fun

Cachabit

Quoting previous rules and tips for loading photo's

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload it to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, view your log (not the cache page) click & display the photo, then copy the URL to provide a link. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

I think this was the most attractive spot we've ever had a DNF: "Mum's Treasure Trove" on the north coast of Scotland. We would not have ventured down the narrow winding road to this cove with added sealness if it wasn't for the cache description.

2c8f98ec-2e70-42e0-816d-5506f6e9ea30.jpg

Yes, there's seals on dem dere rocks.

Edited to add - It's not very recent. We haven't had any picturesque DNFs recently!

Edited by The Blorenges

Not our first DNF but a memorable one....

Lost81 Dead End Road

normal_deadendroad.JPG

We took a trip to NY and walked aimlessly around on these trails (we weren't prepared and didn't have the 'right' trail maps).

We came across this.....and didn't know if the cache was on the bottom or the top. Needless to say...we gave up but absolutely LOVED the scenery and the hike!! Hawk Cliff GC1AC03 (Hook Mountain State Park)

normal_IMG_0145.JPG

3ac3c117-af7f-4873-9047-7b5256c0357e.jpg?rnd=0.1174963

out on Saturday attempting a set of 12 plus a bonus called ( cary capers ) by ,The Somerton Badgers .

we had three DNF's in a row #1 #2 #3 also #7 #8 not our best effort

this is the log for number ~3 http://coord.info/GC3D55H

we're going back on Wednesday to have another go ?

I must thank Mr Badger for giving us the total enjoyment .. even though we didn't find them all ,, beats finding 35mm film pots tossed at the base of a tree every 600feet LiTTLE-LEGGS

Edited by little-leggs

Not our first DNF but a memorable one....

Lost81 Dead End Road

normal_deadendroad.JPG

We took a trip to NY and walked aimlessly around on these trails (we weren't prepared and didn't have the 'right' trail maps).

We came across this.....and didn't know if the cache was on the bottom or the top. Needless to say...we gave up but absolutely LOVED the scenery and the hike!! Hawk Cliff GC1AC03 (Hook Mountain State Park)

normal_IMG_0145.JPG

But did you log it as a DNF ?

It's the Aurora Sky Station near Abisko. We'd gone to see the Aurora, but it didn't show that evening. I'd planned on finding a cache about 200m away, but stumbling around on top of a mountain in the dark in a foot or two of snow didn't seem like a good idea!. Technically the photo was a 25s exposure at f4 and 400ISO. Even that was underexposed so I applied 2 stops of correction in post-processing.

But did you log it as a DNF ?

The top one...YES. It actually got washed away by flooding. It's been replaced and we were back there again to find it since then.

The bottom one, we never got close to GZ - so I did a 'Write Note' and Thanked the CO for a wonderful hike.

OOps..didn't realize this was for the UK only. Please ignore!!!

Edited by Lieblweb

Thank you all for your great entries to this month's photo competition. Well there seems to be a theme to the pictures, Even though the subject was did not find there were so many smiles, Haggis Hunter, Lieblweb MarkandLynn and Fianccetto. poor Fuzzybear, that was a painful experience!!

For me the winners are the "Grinning Girls" in Markandlynn's photo shown here.... Congratulations

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/4c7b1531-78e1-4831-a5cb-361a07ec2496.jpg

Edited by cachabit