Unzipped pocket query?

cadtenchy

Just tried to run pocket query without it being zipped, do download easier onto my phone, and it doesn't work.

First I took the tick out of an existing query, got a zip file.

Ok, make a new query then.

Same again.

So it's ZIP or nothing, regardless of the tickbox setting is it?

Many Email systems block the .gpx files, this includes free ones, that may be your issue.

Besides ZIP files are smaller and I don't know of any phone software that can't use them directly these days.

Well I am looking at the PQs on the web site, and clicking to download pulls up a ZIP file, so no non ZIP being offered despite my unselecting the tick box that says to zip it.

I'm trialing c:geo, on Galaxy Nexus (android).

docs for c:geo say to get it unzipped....

You are downloading the PQ, the zip option is when they are emailed to you....

I am downloading the PQ yes, but it is zipped, as said twice.

Here is the settings in the PQ, and what happens when I download it.

The email I received for it was just a link. (Which actually makes me think, I used to get attachments!?)

Feel free to direct to where I am going wrong!

pq1p.jpg

pq2i.jpg

Edited by cadtenchy

If the result of your pocket query contains more than 500 caches, the file will not get emailed to you. Therefore, the setting as to whether to zip it or not will not apply. When you download the PQ from the website, it will always be zipped. If you need to have the unzipped GPX file emailed to you, you have to set the max caches in your PQ to 500.

If the result of your pocket query contains more than 500 caches, the file will not get emailed to you. Therefore, the setting as to whether to zip it or not will not apply. When you download the PQ from the website, it will always be zipped. If you need to have the unzipped GPX file emailed to you, you have to set the max caches in your PQ to 500.

Thanks for sharing that secret feature.

Yes my PQ has 800+ caches, so it would explain it.