I got tired of having to log on everytime I sat down.

Sissy-n-CR

never mind, it didn't work. I still have to click LOGON twice and manually log on to make the freaking nearest list recognise me.

It's getting really irritating, to say the least.

CR

[This message was edited by Sissy-n-CR on June 23, 2003 at 05:25 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

This probably jinxes it, but I added some additional code today that should help even a larger majority of people that have had issues.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

This probably explains why I couldn't log-in earlier today. I sent an e-mail to TPTB and everything is back to normal for us.

You folks do a great job, Thank You !!

Addicted finder of *old* BM's!

I'm on Win98se and when starting a new session with either IE5.5, Mozilla 1.3.1, or Opera 7.0 I have to log on. While I'm in that session, I'm fine.

I don't have anything funky go on in the background like a cookie cleaner or anything and I experience this on three similar machines.

Also, in the new session when it shows that I'm logged in, I can go to My Cache Page and it comes up with the proper page. If I go directly to Discuss Geocaching.com or the Nearest Page, it says I'm not logged in.

Is there anything else that I can tell you that would help?

TIa

CR

72057_2000.gif

[This message was edited by Sissy-n-CR on June 25, 2003 at 03:10 AM.]

Here's some more...

I can login with one particular account, non-charter, and it will stay logged in between sessions. I can log in with another one and it won't stay logged in.

Not only that, but I can log in on one account, start a new session, try to get to Discuss Geocaching.com and when it asks my for username and password, I put in the information for my other account it logs me on under the previous account! Yes, what I'm saying is a can actually use one user account information and get logged on as another!

Serious flaw for people who use public machines, to say the least!

CR

72057_2000.gif

Just a note: I logged on at home last night, and when I came to work, I didn't have to re-login. I'll see if it works the other way tonight. Keep up the good work. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Okay, just tested it again and it seems to be working better. I can log on, close all the browers, open a session and still be logged on. I can go to My Cache page, the Nearest Page, and be logged on. However, when I go to the forums, it says that I'm not logged on, but I simply have to click LOGON and it logs me on without having to type anything in--just like before the change over.

So far, so good! Will continue to test and will report back if things aren't up to par.

Thanks!

CR

72057_2000.gif