field note upload very time consuminggggg to mark individually as found!

Journey4Cache

Groundspeak's Geocaching Field Notes are an easy way to keep track of the caches you find during your geocache hunts-BUT once I have the list up how do I collectively upload my entire list as found, rather than tediously logging each find indivdually on the site-its very time consuming especially because I've been averaging like 10 some days, they add up after while!!

To be completely Francis about it, many (most?) cache owners hate "TFTC" (on its own) as a log. To many it shows no respect for the work they have put into publishing the cache. In some circles it is used as a sarcastic "thanks (for bringing me to a boring cache)".

This thread on Pet Peeves as a CO features TFTC predominantly.

Look at some of your recent logs "TFTC" and compare them with other logs. What would you like to receive as a cache owner?

To be completely Francis about it, many (most?) cache owners hate "TFTC" (on its own) as a log. To many it shows no respect for the work they have put into publishing the cache. In some circles it is used as a sarcastic "thanks (for bringing me to a boring cache)".

Look at some of your recent logs "TFTC" and compare them with other logs. What would you like to receive as a cache owner?

I don't 'hate' 'TFTC' logs, but I do feel they can be considered disrespectful when used to log a nice, well-though-out cache.

Certainly there are more than a few caches that deserve nothing more than 'TFTC'.

That being said, why don't you just skip the Field Notes, enter 'TFTC' from your phone and be done? If you truly want to thank the cache owner for the cache, write at least a couple of lines describing the fun you had finding their cache.

If all I got were 'TFTC' logs, I would need to re-consider whether it was worth the effort to maintain my caches.

I don't 'hate' 'TFTC' logs, but I do feel they can be considered disrespectful when used to log a nice, well-though-out cache.

Certainly there are more than a few caches that deserve nothing more than 'TFTC'.

That being said, why don't you just skip the Field Notes, enter 'TFTC' from your phone and be done? If you truly want to thank the cache owner for the cache, write at least a couple of lines describing the fun you had finding their cache.

If all I got were 'TFTC' logs, I would need to re-consider whether it was worth the effort to maintain my caches.

How can you say (few caches that deserve nothing more than 'TFTC')Every cache is a good cache.It is special in it's own way.

How can you say (few caches that deserve nothing more than 'TFTC')Every cache is a good cache.It is special in it's own way.

Really? Truly?

I'd like to hear this one.....

Groundspeak's Geocaching Field Notes are an easy way to keep track of the caches you find during your geocache hunts-BUT once I have the list up how do I collectively upload my entire list as found, rather than tediously logging each find indivdually on the site-its very time consuming especially because I've been averaging like 10 some days, they add up after while!!

The most caches I found in one day was 105. Each and every cache got at least one unique sentence that reflected my experience at the cache. I consider that not only my responsibility as a geocacher, but I also see it as a way of extending my fun when I get home, and of chronicling my geocaching adventures. Take the time... make it part of the adventure to write something special for yourself, for the cache owner, and for those that will be reading your logs in the future!

Sorry, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Not every cache is special.

Every cache I find does give me one more smiley, and for that I am grateful.

The caches that take me to that overlook with the awesome view are special.

The caches that take me to that interesting historical location are special.

The caches that show me some local art or unique location that I might not have discovered on my own are special.

A cache on the guardrail near the dumpster behind the strip-mall is not special.

Some logs are harder to write than others, a great adventure can lead to me hitting the log length limit, while part #27 or a series which is almost identical to #26 and #25 takes a little more effort, but I still try. We've recently published our first caches and it's great to get the email someone has found one, and read in their log that they had a great time and appreciate the cache. Those few how have just left a couple of words are a bit of a disappointment, and make me regret, even more, my first, short logs (I really have thought about going back and rewriting some!)

I think the original question had nothing to do with log length, etc. It had to do with how to upload a batch of field notes from an etrex10.

No, they know how to upload their field notes to the website. They want to know if there's a way to bulk convert the field notes into logs, presumably all with the same content, hence the discussion on log length.

I think the original question had nothing to do with log length, etc. It had to do with how to upload a batch of field notes from an etrex10.

No, they know how to upload their field notes to the website. They want to know if there's a way to bulk convert the field notes into logs, presumably all with the same content, hence the discussion on log length.

And I note they now have started to have real sentences in their logs rather than "TFTC" so I guess they may not have got what they originally wanted from this thread but have learned something.