Caching chronology -help in identifying doubles

MuzzaDazzler

Hi

Noticed that around the time I first started caching using the iPhone that I had several caches logged twice on consecutive days. I also saw that my caching chronology had a number followed by another number a few less with the word distinct afterwards.

I have now deleted all the multiple logs I find but my stats still show one different after waiting a few days to update. So right now it says 189 caches (188 distinct) and I think this means I still have a duplicate log.

I have tried and searched but see no duplicate. I cannot get a pq to work of my finds as they are spread by some distance and countries and it seems to have a 500 mile radius limit for PQs. I have listed my 189 finds by date cache hidden and still see nothing.

Does anyone know how to check this or seen similar before. I feel I want to get it right as now my first milestones have had logs written saying about this but in fact they were not the milestone I thought. Would like to resolve before 200.

Any ideas?

Thanks for looking.

Edited by MuzzaDazzler

You don't use a Pocket Query for such.... you use a 'My Finds' query. It is unlimited as to distance or numbers.

It still will give you the same results (188 distinct caches). You need to use GSAK or some other source to do the searching, if you need some type of auto-search.

In that you have it down to earlier days of caching ("I first started caching using the iPhone that I had several caches logged twice on consecutive days"), probably an easier way would be to eye-ball a review of your caches from this link: http://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx . Shouldn't be horribly difficult to locate duplicates, having less than 200 total.

You don't use a Pocket Query for such.... you use a 'My Finds' query. It is unlimited as to distance or numbers.

It still will give you the same results (188 distinct caches). You need to use GSAK or some other source to do the searching, if you need some type of auto-search.

In that you have it down to earlier days of caching ("I first started caching using the iPhone that I had several caches logged twice on consecutive days"), probably an easier way would be to eye-ball a review of your caches from this link: http://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx . Shouldn't be horribly difficult to locate duplicates, having less than 200 total.

Been doing that for hours. Now I believe there are no doubles but an event "attended" cache is the reason I show 189/188. This event attended seems the only thing counting towards my total but not showing as a my find.

Been doing that for hours. Now I believe there are no doubles but an event "attended" cache is the reason I show 189/188. This event attended seems the only thing counting towards my total but not showing as a my find.

It wouldn't be the event unless you logged it twice. Events count as a distinct find in stats.

Now managed to download pq as suggested and it comes up with 188 finds not including the event cache!!!

Dont know what else to suggest.

Looked, checked and rechecked. The event had a cache also associated. The event does not show in the list of 188 but the cache does. They are both logged, the event as attended and the cache as found.

Edited by MuzzaDazzler

Whatever the problem is going to be, it IS NOT the Event cache and the Church cache (you did them on the same day). They are (were) close together but the latter was never part of the Event. It was and still is a stand-alone cache.

NicknPapa is correct.... Event caches show as a distinct find. You are pinned as having attended that Event.

You simply overlooked the double, somewhere in there.

Good Luck.

You double-logged finds on GC21B2Z Xylomancy:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=83265d52-b858-487b-b0eb-da507edb5b09

The second log to drop off a tb should have been a "write note" log, rather than another "found it" log.

Found it

07/02/2011

Got stung and scratched and then a little helper found it and I realised I didnt need to have!! TNLN TFTC. Now we were excitedly on our way to XXXX.

Found it

11/20/2011

Again. Swapped tbs.

You double-logged finds on GC21B2Z Xylomancy:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=83265d52-b858-487b-b0eb-da507edb5b09

The second log to drop off a tb should have been a "write note" log, rather than another "found it" log.

Found it

07/02/2011

Got stung and scratched and then a little helper found it and I realised I didnt need to have!! TNLN TFTC. Now we were excitedly on our way to XXXX.

Found it

11/20/2011

Again. Swapped tbs.

A million thanks's. This is unbelievable. II have had ttons of people looking and even the CO of the double you hae spotted.

Would love to know how you saw it as none of us could.

Thankyou thankyou and to everyone for taking the time to look and see!!

I went to your profile, and when all your cache finds loaded, I clicked the column titled "Found by user". This sorted the cache finds in chronological order.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=MuzzaDazzler&submit4=Go&sortdir=asc&sort=lastfound

Then I opened each cache page, and scrolled to the bottom to make sure that all cache logs were loaded.

Then I used my browser's "Edit > find" function. I popped your username in, and did a search of each page for your username.

I was not feeling well and needed something mindless to do. :)

I went to your profile, and when all your cache finds loaded, I clicked the column titled "Found by user". This sorted the cache finds in chronological order.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=MuzzaDazzler&submit4=Go&sortdir=asc&sort=lastfound

Then I opened each cache page, and scrolled to the bottom to make sure that all cache logs were loaded.

Then I used my browser's "Edit > find" function. I popped your username in, and did a search of each page for your username.

I was not feeling well and needed something mindless to do. :)

Now all you need to do to set things straight is go into the log for 11/20/2011 and edit it to a "write note", and your finds/distinct finds will be the same.

B.