Stats query

sydnsue

In my stats, there seems to be a contradiction of cache finds. Caches found 359. Total caches 318. Can't see why there is a lower number.

I have also noticed the Counties map is not updating.

Took a screen shot but could not see how to place it on this page.

I have just found I needed to add a Myfinds PQ to mygeocachingprofile.com. Everything is now updated, but this leads me to another question.

If geocaching.com bought mygeocachingprofile.com, why do I have to do this. Surely the stats should upadte automatically, or am I confusing myself with the 2 sites?

Edited by sydnsue

I have just found I needed to add a Myfinds PQ to mygeocachingprofile.com. Everything is now updated, but this leads me to another question.

If geocaching.com bought mygeocachingprofile.com, why do I have to do this. Surely the stats should upadte automatically, or am I confusing myself with the 2 sites?

You don't have to do (the My Finds, update your mygeocachingprofile, etc.) You can simply use the stats profile as provided by geocaching.com.

What you are doing is updating the downloaded program in your computer. Geocaching.com doesn't supply your downloaded program, you do -- with the My Finds query info. The program that you are updating is yours, not geocaching.com's program.

Long and short of it, you are duplicating processes more or less. I wouldn't say that you are confusing the two sites, you are confusing the application(s).

EDIT: too.much.punctuation. :)

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee