Distance to Home Location is wrong displayed in listing

strada87

The distance to the home location of a cache is displayed or calculated wrong.

In my case I choosed cache GC2MC1J. Diplayed distance is 105.6km from (i think "home" but this is not written). But this cache is only around 10km away from my Home Location (N 49° 57.977 E 008° 16.558).

Same for all other caches in my neighbourhood (e.g GC3BCQG -> 103km distance displayed but really 500m from my home).

I checked my home coordinates but they are right.

Any idea ?

regards from germany

Strada87

In my case I choosed cache GC2MC1J. Diplayed distance is 105.6km from (i think "home" but this is not written).

Where are you seeing this? When I look at a cache, it shows a line like this, just to the right of the coordinates:

N 24.1 km from your home location

If all caches are showing the wrong distance, then there is something wrong with your home coordinates. Look more closely, and you'll probably find one of the digits was mis-typed.

Just saying, I know we are all good people here, but you might not want to put the exact corrdinetes of your house on the internet.

:P

Cheers!

no one can see your home coordinates, except for the lackeys and they only use them for missile targeting purposes.

Hello

I have a problem that I think fits this heading. When I look at a cache and get the distance from home on the page it doesn't match the distance in my Statistics.

I just got Gurgaon the cache webpage shows "N 7503.2 mi from your home location", but in my statistics it is, "GC40TXX - Gurgaon (India)

7498.098 mi". I purposely got this cache to get one in the >7500 statistic and would like to know wich distance is right?

Thanks

Hello

I have a problem that I think fits this heading. When I look at a cache and get the distance from home on the page it doesn't match the distance in my Statistics.

I just got Gurgaon the cache webpage shows "N 7503.2 mi from your home location", but in my statistics it is, "GC40TXX - Gurgaon (India)

7498.098 mi". I purposely got this cache to get one in the >7500 statistic and would like to know wich distance is right?

Thanks

I have no idea why your statistics page is a different disance, nor do I care. But since you are interested, here is a tool you can download (Windows) to check it yourself: FizzyCalc

Or if you contact me with your 'home coordinates' on this site and I will check it for you.

Hello

Thanks

I have no idea why your statistics page is a different disance, nor do I care. But since you are interested, here is a tool you can download (Windows) to check it yourself: FizzyCalc

Or if you contact me with your 'home coordinates' on this site and I will check it for you.