Feature Request: Archive Travel Bugs

cardobj

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but...

It would be nice to be able to archive travel bugs. I occassionally encounter travel bugs in my cache searches that aren't really where the travel bug pages say they are. They've been stolen or are otherwise missing. Now, some bug owners will "grab" those missing travel bugs so that they don't show up in a cache where they don't exist, but others don't feel right about this since they don't, in fact, have them in their possession.

Much like caches, travel bugs may need to be archived for various reasons--such as being stolen. It seems reasonable to add this to the mile-long list of future feature enhancements, if it isn't already there.

Thanks.

++cardobj

I went to my cache today to investigate those MIA Bugs. I found that one was placed in the cache on April 30. A seeker calling them selves "Team Kitsune" picked up a Bug on May 11. They did not name the bug taken, and they did not log on the cache web page. I emailed a user named "kitsune" to ask if they knew anything about it. Kitsune replied promptly. He does not live in the area.

Anyhow I would like to know if there is a way to find a users profile and the caches they have visited. Especially if they didn't log there visit on your page.

Preperation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg

Leatherman, I ran a search on "TeamKitsune" and it unearthed a user account with three logged finds, all on their first day of geocaching one day last December, and all in your neck of the woods. Guessing they are part of the group that doesn't like to log visits on the website.

To do this kind of investigation, go to the "Hide and Seek a Cache" page, and type a name in the "Caches found by Username" box (it's at the bottom left). A list of the caches found then pops up. Then find the user's visit and click on their name to bring up a profile. Send them an e-mail! "TeamKitsune" consists of "Brady and Helen" according to one of their logs, and their last visit to the site was in May 2002.

Good luck with your bug!!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."

What I'd like to see is a way for a cache owner to remove a TB from his/her own cache, without having the TB tag number. This wouldn't archive the TB or put it in the cache owner's TB inventory, just put it into a sort of TB pergatory, not actually in any cache or anyone's posession. I just want a way to get the TB icons off my cache pages if the TB isn't actually there anymore.

25021_1200.gif

In the U-Dub Floating keychain travel bug page, TeamKitsune just wrote:

quote:
Saturday, September 21, 2002

TeamKitsune grabbed it:

Found this in May, but due to a sudden and lengthy (like, until about a month ago) illness , forgot all about it. Was just reminded, and am making plans to find some water for the poor guy... *grins and waves hands mysteriously* There is a long journey in it's near future...

It may not be lost for good, Leatherman.

"Why don't you just ask somebody?"

"No, no. I've got a map. Don't worry about that."

I just recieved the email for that cache this morning.

I did email them yesterday. It may have prompted them to finally post something.

Although they have only posted to that cache. How many caches have they been to since December, that they haven't posted to?

They did mention a long drawn out illness. I hope their all better now.

Preparation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg