Import GPX

Chickenhawk72

I used to ues GCzii quite hapily, but this has stopped working and is no longer being developed, so I'm looking for an alternative form of paperless caching.

I have installed GeoGet on my PC and after some trial and error have worked our how to set co-ordinates and download the caches in the selected area. I have then used GeoGet to create a GPX file from the downloaded data.

I have installed CacheBox on my Samsung Omnia ii which is running Windows Mobile 6.5, I have copied the GPX file created by GeoGet onto the phone, I have used the import function but no files are being copied into the DB, I am not getting any error messages. I have looked through all of the screens in CacheBox but there is no option anywhere to tell it where to find the GPX file.

Could somebody please tell me if there is a default folder that I need to put the GPX file into so CacheBox can pick it up, I have spent the last hour searching the internet but cannot find this information anywhere, surely this should be part of the basic instructions...

P.S. I work in IT but am not a DBA or an XML guru, please can I have an answer in clear, simple language as it is now driving me daft!!

I have installed CacheBox on my Samsung Omnia ii which is running Windows Mobile 6.5, I have copied the GPX file created by GeoGet onto the phone, I have used the import function but no files are being copied into the DB, I am not getting any error messages. I have looked through all of the screens in CacheBox but there is no option anywhere to tell it where to find the GPX file.

Could somebody please tell me if there is a default folder that I need to put the GPX file into so CacheBox can pick it up, I have spent the last hour searching the internet but cannot find this information anywhere, surely this should be part of the basic instructions...

P.S. I work in IT but am not a DBA or an XML guru, please can I have an answer in clear, simple language as it is now driving me daft!!

Yes there is ... The GPX files needs to be in the ..\cachebox\PocketQuery folder