Problem downloading for EasyGPS

Kordite

Some time ago I installed EasyGPS on my laptop (an older Toshiba running Win98 2nd edition). I have been hapily downloading from Geocaching.com since then and having no issues uploading and downloading to my GPS.

However, I have been unable to get the download from geocaching.com to work on any other PC. My desktop machine at home (also using Win98), my Win98 PC at work and a Win2000 PC I have at work. Each one downloads the nearest-cache.htm website file instead of the appropriate .loc file.

This is with version 1.1.9. (The website link says version 1.2.2 but the help screen still says 1.1.9). I have clicked on the license agreement link at geocaching.com. I have run EasyGPS before attempting to download and it still saves the website instead of the .loc file. Everything reboots to the

same result.

I'm using IE 5.5. Cookies are enabled all around.

I feel that I'm missing something but cannot determine what that may be.

Kordite

I have to do the following

hit download to easygps

hit open from existing location

hit save file in the next window

If you look at the first window it says something like bulk_waypoints.asp, the second window will say geocaching.loc

Its done this to me using win98 and IE5 plus win2k and IE6. I have the same problem with yahoo webmail attachments sometimes too.

When GPSr's are outlawed, only Outlaws will have GPSr's.