Get your friends into it: share this post on facebook or twitter today!

One is always free to share there interests and hobbies with friends and co-workers, whether they do it by posting on Facebook, Tweeting, or even talking to them in person.

Of course it's best to say what you like about it your own words and not just copy what someone else wants to say. I also think that initially you can describe what geocaching is without getting into an in depth interpretation of the "rules". Now, a SUPER-CONSERVATIVE may have a little trouble understanding my view that there are no strict rules. You can have quite a bit of leeway in how you enjoy the game. Rules that state you "must" go too far, IMO. I might be more accepting had you said "should". I can agree that you should do these things if you get into geocaching. But I prefer letting people discover that for themselves.

One thing about the forums some starnge things are posted... This is for those of us who have friends who have no idea of the sport. :omnomnom:

Hey, I'm super conservitive like you. Actually, more along the lines of Libertarian, but I see you're from The UK, and that doesn't translate anyways. :lol: No, I do not feel the need to spread the word via social networking to people who've never heard of it, and think it's actually a bad idea. People can just find out about it as they always have.

I am not in favor of proselytizing geocaching. Those that should find out about it will find out about it. Those that shouldn't, won't care. More isn't always better. Some things are best left as our little secret (which isn't so secret anymore anyway).

One thing about the forums some starnge things are posted... This is for those of us who have friends who have no idea of the sport. :omnomnom:

but I see you're from The UK, and that doesn't translate anyways.

Since when is Homer Alaska in the UK?????? :unsure:

but I see you're from The UK, and that doesn't translate anyways.

Since when is Homer Alaska in the UK?????? :unsure:

Totally my bad, I read ak as uk. Geez, I hope his removed post wasn't because of this grevious error. :o

OK, then we're both super conservatives, but I still disagree with shouting Geocaching all over social networking. You'll just annoy your social networking friends anyways. :P

Hey, I'm super conservitive like you. Actually, more along the lines of Libertarian, but I see you're from The UK, and that doesn't translate anyways. :lol: No, I do not feel the need to spread the word via social networking to people who've never heard of it, and think it's actually a bad idea. People can just find out about it as they always have.

UK? no way, me veeery far from UK... how u come to that conclusion?

Never mind. Don't drink beer and post, boys and girls.

Edited by G & C

Never mind. Don't drink beer and post, boys and girls.

I assume you're talking about yourself. Because that's exactly what happened in my case. Alaska, England, same difference. :P

I've already explained myself on several occasions. Lets see, super conservitive, from Alaska? It's an honor to meet you, Mrs. Palin. :ph34r:

Maybe it's just me, but since the OP is removed, all additional posts seem to be off-topic.

How can you "share this post" or make comment on it, when it no longer exists?

It was a rather long statement, that the OP suggested people post to facebook (it would have been waaaay too long for Twitter) to announce the hobby of Geocaching to your friends. Sort of a recruitment statement. Then of course I took it way off-topic by looking at his profile after about 5 beers and thinking it said "UK" when it says "AK". :o