Publishing a new cache......

ziggypuppy

Oh k so 10 days ago I placed a new cache and tried publishing it on geocaching.com but for whatever reason It has yet to be published and made public.

Ive done everything that I have done on the last two hides, what am I missing.

Ive had no communication from the site to tell me Ive made a mistake or messed up somehow.

Im guessing Ive just missed something basic and Ill probably feel quite stupid afterwards, so if anyone can give me some advice it would be very helpful.

cheers

Ziggypuppy

MrsB is correct. The 'Enable Cache Listing' box is unchecked on your cache. It used to be checked by default, but this is no longer the case. Once you edit the listing and check the box, I'm sure a reviewer will take a look at it shortly.

Open your cache listing page.... IF near the top if it you read this line (arrow), you have not enabled the listing for entry into the reviewer queue..... No entry into queue, no review, not listed (period).

Cache Issues:

This cache has not been reviewed yet. Once it is published, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.

The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it.

This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

Well, this same exact thing happened to me!!!

Cache Issues:

Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.

The reviewers will not see this listing until you enable it.

There is a little box underneath the map, that you have to check or elso it will not show up on the reviewers list of caches to review.

This must be your problem!!!

Cheers! :laughing:

Do you need to have a premium membership in order to create and publish your own cache?

I'm not sure what you mean by "publish your own cache".

Do you mean to submit a cache listing to Groundspeak and, if it meets the Guidelines, have it listed on Groundspeak's site?

To create a cache and have it submitted for review does not need require Premium Membership.

B.