"night cache" category

dtschneider98

No thank you. I think the Night Cache attribute is much more appropriate.

nightcache-yes.gif

If we used the cache type to identify night caches, then we'd need more than one "night cache" type: Night Multi-Cache, Night Mystery/Puzzle Cache, Night Letterbox Hybrid, etc.

ask them to make a "night Cache" category

But wouldn't you have to add "nightcache traditional" and "nightcache multi" and "nightcache puzzle" and don't forget "nightcache letterbox hybrid." :yikes:

Seems it would be a whole lot easier if they would just add a "nightcache" attribute that you could add to any existing cache type. Oh wait. They already did!

If we used the cache type to identify night caches, then we'd need more than one "night cache" type: Night Multi-Cache, Night Mystery/Puzzle Cache, Night Letterbox Hybrid, etc.

Untrue. Puzzle caches do not have specifications for if there is a single container at the end, a multi, a letterbox... or a trail of reflectors. I think that there should be a night cache cache type as well, the attribute is not mandatory to be on the cache page and many, if not most of the night-caches out there do not have the attribute implemented. It would also encourage people to find night-caches for the little icon and encourage the growth of this unique type of caching that, for me, has always been very enjoyable.

I've done a few night caches and all except one* have just been 'follow the trail of reflectors' type of thing - no GPS required so it's not 'proper' Geocaching at all really! :rolleyes:

*the odd one out was follow a trail to a micro containing co-ords for final location

Mark

The two night caches I've done have required both GPS and following trails so it seems to fit nicely into either puzzle or multi cache with an attribute added. There was finding of multiple containers in each one which required a GPS to get to the next start of the reflectors. Couldn't just be done by finding the start and following reflectors.

I set a nightcache recently and had to prove GPS useage before publication. Fire tacks to a 1st stage with GPS coords to final.

Back on topic if you are a Premium Member you can crate a Pocket Query by attribute and select just night caches.

(Although to be honest have just tried this and most of them have incorrectly been ticked as night caches <_< )