Waymark Locations In The News

BruceS

Do you take notice of a news story when you know you have waymarks in the area? Have you ever done a waymark search after a location has been in the news? After Harrisburg, Illinois was hit by tornadoes earlier this week, my wife asked where it was and I knew exactly where it was because I have a few waymarks in the town.

Do you take notice of a news story when you know you have waymarks in the area? Have you ever done a waymark search after a location has been in the news? After Harrisburg, Illinois was hit by tornadoes earlier this week, my wife asked where it was and I knew exactly where it was because I have a few waymarks in the town.

Of course this happens once in a while and some special places like our federal palace that I have listed under Capitol Buildings are in national television almost daily.

But yesterday there was a news story that topped all I had seen before in respect to my waymarks.

From Geneva Lunch:

"Google Maps unveils first train rides, in Switzerland, land of trains!

Google on famed Rhaetian Railways line in Switzerland: world's first Street View train shots

ZURICH, SWITZERLAND – What better country than Switzerland to start showing train lines on Google Maps Street View, and what better line than the Unesco World Heritage site Albula/Bernina line on the Rhaetian Railways!

The new views were unveiled Thursday at the Transport Museum in Lucerne. [...]"

I have waymarked this line in Scenic Railroads as well as in World Heritage Sites. And I have two train stations and a railway bridge there, as well as a famous locomotive on display and a replica of the line in a local museum under Model Railroads.

Even the museum where this was officially unveiled I have posted in half a dozen categories.

If only I had the technical equipment of those Google guys, my waymarks for sure would look very, very different... :(