Topo maps

Sages

I was at a friend's house today and he could display the topo maps on his laptop. I came back to my house and still cannot display them. Are they live now? Are they going up and down and only live sometimes? How can I get them to show on my laptop?

I was at a friend's house today and he could display the topo maps on his laptop. I came back to my house and still cannot display them. Are they live now? Are they going up and down and only live sometimes? How can I get them to show on my laptop?

You'll need to expand on that a little. Topo maps where? What software? Are you talking about the map view from Geocaching.com?

You'll need to expand on that a little. Topo maps where? What software? Are you talking about the map view from Geocaching.com?

Yes, you go into geocaching.com and use the new maps that they have. In the upper right hand corner there is the icon that you can click on to change the map to one of several choices. The last choice is topo maps. I can click on this and the topo never comes in. My friend can click on it and the topo comes right up. Why is that?

Yes, you go into geocaching.com and use the new maps that they have. In the upper right hand corner there is the icon that you can click on to change the map to one of several choices. The last choice is topo maps. I can click on this and the topo never comes in. My friend can click on it and the topo comes right up. Why is that?

The "My Topo" will only get you topo maps if you are Nth America, likewise the "Mapquest Aerial" for photo maps.

You best bet if you going to use the Geocache maps in it's standard configuration is the "OpenCycleMap".

Or, if you a Windows user, there is an option to get the Google maps back if you have the Firefox browser.

PS Just noticed you are in Nth America (Arizona). How come you posting in the NZ forum? If you are in the States and looking for American caches I don't know why the "My Topo" isn't working for you.

Edited by Huntleigh