Search feature request

Muggle Finder

I haven't read through the forums, so I don't know if this has been suggested before, but it would be great if it was possible to search for caches in a particular direction, rather than just in a circle around a point. If I could search for all the caches that were North of a particular point, for example, than I could quickly figure out which caches might be on the route to someplace I am going.

Just an idea.

I would love to have that feature as well, instead of listing them as Closest to a zip code, perhapaps also letting us limit that search to a given direcion. Would save a lot of time finding the ones near a road I'll be traveling.

Also, it would be nice to be able to return to a detail page without having to go through the whole list again to find it. Perhaps a Search box where we could input the # or name and go to the most likely match?

quote:
Originally posted by llama guy:

Also, it would be nice to be able to return to a detail page without having to go through the whole list again to find it. Perhaps a Search box where we could input the # or name and go to the most likely match?

Thats aready a featur of gc.com. Just go to the Hide and seek page, and scroll down.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

Watcher allows you to specify direction from a point (via the eight compass points -- N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NE), distance from a point, and boundaries (each of the four limits -- N, S, E, and W -- are individually selectable).

I don't have anything in there for rotated rectangles, so if you have a diagonal interstate, it would take a bit of creativity to catch the caches close to it, but for N/S or E/W highways, you can quite easily make a rectangular bounding box.

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System