installing caches to gps

Davon2

Hi

I have run one pocket querie and had a return of 1000 caches in a 100mile radius.

However i found some missing that were only 10 miles away . So last night i went onto this web site and SENT them to my Gps . It stated they had installed on my reciever ok. When i went to location today they were not show on my reciever !

Should i run a pq again with same parameters ,if so do i delete the first pq to stop double entrys ( How do most folk run their pqs ?)

Thanks

Dave

However i found some missing that were only 10 miles away .

Can you see anything in common between the caches that were omitted? It's possible that one of your settings in the PQ is excluding them. What settings have you used? Can you give us some examples of caches that are being omitted?

Should i run a pq again with same parameters ,if so do i delete the first pq to stop double entrys ( How do most folk run their pqs ?)

I've found that you should always strive to avoid having the same cache multiple times on the GPS. It can be somewhat erratic as to which one it chooses to display. If you try to run the PQ again, I'd delete the existing one from your GPS.

There are a number of possibilities... but the first one to come to mind is PQs have a limit of 1000 caches. In my neck of the woods that's roughly 10 to 30 mile radius. If your radius is 100 miles and has over 1000 caches it obviously needs to drop some from somewhere, I always thought it would be the furthest out but it may use some other system.

Drop the radius until you get under 1000 caches then see if any of those are missing.

Other Possible Causes:

Not listing previously found caches.

Not listing caches of certain Size/Diff/type.

Edited by KI4HLW

If your radius is 100 miles and has over 1000 caches it obviously needs to drop some from somewhere, I always thought it would be the furthest out but it may use some other system.

No, it drops the furthest out. In your scenario, if there are 1000 caches within 15 miles, those will be the 1000 you get.