Mass Download by Cache Type ???

The Yoyo Man

I know one can individually select which caches to download, but is there a way to download only caches of a given type for say an entire state? I personally like to download the geocache waypoints for my entire state and load them into my mapping software (DeLorme Street Atlas 2003). Once they are loaded, I like to distinguish different cache types by different waypoint symbols. However, this is a tedious process when you have to manually select the cache types you want one web page at a time.

It would be nice to be able to download all Regular caches for an entire state with one download. Even better would be able to limit your search criteria by Difficulty & Terrain. Can this be done now or could a feature like this be setup?

icon_confused.gif

Thanks!

In addition to that, I'd love to see Clayjar have in a next upgrade to the software he's been developing here.

quote:
Watcher 0.1.35 (Keep the grain and export the farmers)

The ability to take the results showing on a screen in watcher and export the file to a tab delimited format.

Why tab delimited? Quotes, semicolors, commas, etc., can all be incorporated into cache names, thus screwing up the process. Make it tab delimited and it will export and import correctly.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Watcher 0.1.35 (Keep the grain and export the farmers)

The ability to take the results showing on a screen in watcher and export the file to a tab delimited format.

Last time I talked to him about this, he was planning to go one better:

quote:
Watcher 0.1.35 (Can't we all just get along?)

The ability to feed the results showing on the screen to a special version of GPSBabel so you can upload the results to your GPS, export them as xSV, or convert them to any other format GPSBabel supports.

warm.gif

I'm a GUI kinda guy - and I was kinda turned off by the GPSBabel interface I was using originally. Today I downloaded the beta version which includes a front GUI.

When I took either a loc or GPX file from the flat Geocaching download and converted it to CSV, all I got was the Lat/Lon and the cache name. I didn't get the GC Hex code or the decimal version of the cache ID, or the Terrain/Difficulty - any of that stuff that's included in the original GPX or even LOC files. icon_frown.gif

Why I suggested what I suggested was two-fold:

A) It would be a great asset to have everything necessary in ONE software. Clayjar's watcher does everything except export. Why not have that one piece of software export as well? Why should I have to run ANOTHER piece?

:D If I can hide columns that I don't need in Watcher, I would assume that Watcher could also export only those columns that are visible.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching