OMG! I just saw my cache (location) on TV!

bittsen

I was watching American Idol™ and there it was. I saw the EXACT location of M.H.V.10.

If the cache was larger I would have seen it in the video. It was just too smal to be seen.

It was a very exciting moment for me!!

Edited by bittsen

We have a local cache that made it into a made-for-TV movie starring David James Elliott (Harm from JAG) a few years ago. It's very well-camoed, but is clearly visible in a few shots if you know what it looks like. I keep a screen-cap of one frame with Elliott and the cache. They must have been filming all around it all day, but had no idea it was there!

So I'm watching the worst movie in the world, from the 70's, because I knew it was filmed locally. A Wes Craven film called "Last House On The Left". At 6 or so minutes in, they are filming on the rock that my Catherdral In The Pines cache overlooks. After that, they are driving down Route 53, near my My Old Stomping Grounds cache. This movie is REALLY bad (it was in the free movies in the On Demand movie list), but then I felt like I had to watch the rest to see how many other caches I can spot. But it's so stupid! Worst movie, supposed to be based on a true story.

So I'm watching the worst movie in the world, from the 70's, because I knew it was filmed locally. A Wes Craven film called "Last House On The Left". At 6 or so minutes in, they are filming on the rock that my Catherdral In The Pines cache overlooks. After that, they are driving down Route 53, near my My Old Stomping Grounds cache. This movie is REALLY bad (it was in the free movies in the On Demand movie list), but then I felt like I had to watch the rest to see how many other caches I can spot. But it's so stupid! Worst movie, supposed to be based on a true story.

Does it matter how bad? Movie filmed locally are always fun to watch! It must've been... Really, bad, to not enjoy a local film.

We have a local cache that made it into a made-for-TV movie starring David James Elliott (Harm from JAG) a few years ago. It's very well-camoed, but is clearly visible in a few shots if you know what it looks like. I keep a screen-cap of one frame with Elliott and the cache. They must have been filming all around it all day, but had no idea it was there!

Perhaps you can share the screen shot.

Does it matter how bad? Movie filmed locally are always fun to watch! It must've been... Really, bad, to not enjoy a local film.

Bad acting, horrible continuity, the film was worn out, bad audio, blurry, it was a story about kidnap, rape, drugs, and it was Wes Craven's first feature film (1972). Same guy that brought us Freddy Krueger. He had a lot to learn then. Need I say more?

Ds27.jpg

Edited by Planet

Turns out (I searched it) the movie was so violent, it was banned in many places. So many theaters that did show it cut out parts, that now there is no full original version left. Which explains the continuity issues. In an interview with Wes Craven, he said they were going through all tgecfilm cans, trying to piece back together an original version. He also said he doesn't like to just sit down and watch it, because it was so disturbing. I'm glad the one I saw was a hacked up version!

Perhaps you can share the screen shot.

It would be an extreme spoiler, so I definitely won't be posting, as much as I'd like to. It isn't my cache, so it isn't my place to spoil it for others. Everything I've already said was mentioned by the owner in the description.

Edited by The A-Team