Custom Search

Dekaner

quote:
One question about filtering on compass direction. When I activate a filter for a particular direction the resulting list has records in it that show directions in the distance field that weren't included in the filter. Example: Suppose I request a filter for only Southward caches. Some of the records in the filtered list show locations that are North and Northwest of my center.

That would be the distance from your Home Coordinates or the coords that you set. You can do so in Options/Coordinates/Edit Centers

You can set multiple coordinates to do searches with different FROM points.

/cw

aka : Chris Williams

Caching in the North Bay and beyond...

sonomarin.net

quote:
Originally posted by Quinbus:

When I activate a filter for a particular direction the resulting list has records in it that show directions in the distance field that weren't included in the filter. Example: Suppose I request a filter for only Southward caches. Some of the records in the filtered list show locations that are North and Northwest of my center.

Strange. Its working fine for me and my testers. You're going to the filters, clicking over to the bearing & distance tab, and unchecking the boxes for W, NW, N, NE, E, or something like that, eh? I left only S checked and it worked fine; then I checked SE and SW too, and it still works fine. I can change the center I'm using, and it refilters appropriately. (Can you give me any more specifics? You *are* using 0.1.38, right? IIRC, 0.1.37 had a little UI bug that hid some of the checkboxes.)

Oh, and Quetzalteco, are you still having problems with the external links? Neither I nor my guys can replicate that problem description, and we've tried it with IE, default, and custom browser settings on the options menu. There was only a one-line change to the external links (if "Work Offline" is checked then stop); I can't see anything wrong, and we can't find anything. (The only time I've had that happen was when I was in dire need of a reboot, but that was obviously not a Watcher problem.) Anyway, e-mail if it's still not working for you.

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

Strange. Its working fine for me and my testers. You're going to the filters, clicking over to the bearing & distance tab, and unchecking the boxes for W, NW, N, NE, E, or something like that, eh? I left only S checked and it worked fine; then I checked SE and SW too, and it still works fine. I can change the center I'm using, and it refilters appropriately. (Can you give me any more specifics? You *are* using 0.1.38, right? IIRC, 0.1.37 had a little UI bug that hid some of the checkboxes.)

Well, I was using 0.1.37. I updated to 1.38 and (in addition to the "combined" directions (SW, SE, NW, NE) being present, the problem I referenced is fixed. I used the same GPX file that was giving the undesired filter and it now filters just like one would expect.

Thanks for holding a newbie's hand.

Great stuff!

Q!

quote:
Oh, and Quetzalteco, are you still having problems with the external links? Neither I nor my guys can replicate that problem description, and we've tried it with IE, default, and custom browser settings on the options menu. There was only a one-line change to the external links (if "Work Offline" is checked then stop); I can't see anything wrong, and we can't find anything. (The only time I've had that happen was when I was in dire need of a reboot, but that was obviously not a Watcher problem.) Anyway, e-mail if it's still not working for you.

Thanks ClayJar - I tried that, going back and fourth between IE and Default - with IE, it brought up a link of http://cache/51967.html and the when I switched back to Default nothing happened. I choose custom and seleceted IE, and I got the same results as the IE selection. I left and came back later with a different.

In writing this email, I figured it out - a spun GPX file does it while an UNspun GPX file works fine. Looks like Spinner is not generating the proper data when it recompiles the data.

Thanks...

/cw

aka : Chris Williams

Caching in the North Bay and beyond...

sonomarin.net

Watcher 0.1.39 (Everybody, say CHEESE!)

Well, since there are new log types to be had ("Note" and "Webcam Photo Cache"), the next Watcher update is now waiting. In addition to supporting the new types (and better supporting any future unanticipated additions), Watcher 0.1.39 also supports bmgpx files. There are also a significant number of fixes (including to the cache notes and lists, to better safeguard their data against losses).

Get it at the usual site.

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

Watcher 0.1.40 (Oh, *THERE* I am!)

New to Watcher this week, map links! (Oh, and Jeremy, I figured out the couple undocumented links to the other topo/photo map links; feel free to borrow.) Also added, user links (right-click a name in a log or cache) and check all on the main page's checkboxes. (The rest of the updates are invisible to users, but there *was* work involved.)

Get it... well... you know where.

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Watcher 0.1.41 (Merry Christmas!)

New in Watcher 0.1.41: Detailed street maps in MapPoint for Europe, thanks to a heads up by Åke S, full support for the "Write Note" log type, and nicely handling GPX files with duplicate caches in them (not that you *should* have ever had these, but several people have created them, apparently :)). Oh, and bug fixes, of course, are always included.

Go get it! http://watcher.clayjar.com/

Watcher 0.2.42 (er... Happy New Year?)

Okay, so I was a bit late, but that doesn't mean Watcher's Duke Nukem Forever or anything. All the new types are supported (along with future types being handled *much* better). Also, I'm back in the loop, so you should see something else in *much* less than a year. My apologies for falling off the horse so thoroughly, but may your Watchering be better from here forward.

It's waiting for you: http://watcher.clayjar.com/