Profile Last Visit Date ?

cwgrizz

Just noticed that some had logged finds on my caches with today's date, but when I looked at their profiles the date listed for the "Last Date Visited" is as much as three months in the past. Not using a smart phone or any of the apps myself, is this a result of logging using a smart phone? Or is there another explanation for the discrepancy in dates?

Thanks in advance for educating me.

is this a result of logging using a smart phone?

A premium member can look at the GPX (if it is one of the 20 most recent log) and examine the log time. If the log time is anything other than 1900 hrs during daylight saving time in Pacific timezone, or 2000 hrs during standard time, it is very likely logged from a smartphone.

How does that matter to you?

Isn't the "Last Date Visited" how everyone determines if a cacher is "active" or not. I can foresee some negative consequences if the "Last Date Visited" is incorrect.

This is correct. I hast seen reviewers archive caches, or threaten to do the same, based on last log-in date.

Why do I care??

After noticing the discrepancy, it made me wonder if I should ever post a NA on a cache that has a series of DNF's and the CO is shown in their profile as not visiting for a year. I am usually very hesitant to post a NA unless I see the signs of inactivity. Also if it looks like they are not active, I will mark that cache off of my list to look for again, but if the date is not correct it may lead to false assumptions.

Thanks for the possible reasons for this-------------Hope GS finds a fix for the discrepancy.

Why do I care??

After noticing the discrepancy, it made me wonder if I should ever post a NA on a cache that has a series of DNF's and the CO is shown in their profile as not visiting for a year. I am usually very hesitant to post a NA unless I see the signs of inactivity. Also if it looks like they are not active, I will mark that cache off of my list to look for again, but if the date is not correct it may lead to false assumptions.

Thanks for the possible reasons for this-------------Hope GS finds a fix for the discrepancy.

That's why you post an NM and then send an email first. Then if there is no contact you can post an NA.

Why do I care??

I'd suggest starting a thread in the Website Bugs forum

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

Sounds like something GS needs to address, with the increasing number of smartphone-only cachers.

I'd suggest starting a thread in the Website Bugs forum

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

Sounds like something GS needs to address, with the increasing number of smartphone-only cachers.

Now that this has been explained as the reason, I have started a thread in the Website Bugs forum. Thanks,